Selina Kyle, the Catwoman, was once the so-called "queen of the criminal underworld" in the city of New Gotham. Several years ago, she encountered her costumed adversary the Batman and the two remarkably fell in love with one another. Their passion produced a daughter, Helena. Helena was born half-human and half metahuman, gifted with heightened agility, reflexes and animal senses. When Helena was a teenager, a metahuman criminal calling himself Clayface murdered Selina Kyle by stabbing her with a knife. At the time, Clayface had assumed the guise of Batman's deadliest adversary the Joker and it was generally accepted that the Joker was responsible for Selina's death. Helena spent years nursing a growing need for vengeance - a need that culminated in her taking up the guise of the nocturnal super-hero the Huntress. Some time after Selina's death, her daughter learned the truth about the true identity of the man who murdered her.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Birds of Prey and is an adaptation of Selina Kyle/Catwoman. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #1.
- It has never been confirmed, but there is evidence to suggest that Catwoman was in fact a Metahuman. Her daughter Helena is often referred to as "half-metahuman", and her physical powers are proportionately similar to that of a cat. Whether these powers were common to both mother and daughter has never been revealed. If Selina was indeed a Metahuman, she is unique in that she is only one of two incarnations of the character that is implied to have had superpowers. The other being Tim Burton's Catwoman, which the Birds of Prey incarnation seems to be based upon, both visually (she has blonde hair and a stitched-up costume) and in terms of implied abilities.
- 1 Appearances of Selina Kyle (Birds of Prey)
- 1 Images featuring Selina Kyle (Birds of Prey)
- Quotations by or about Selina Kyle (Birds of Prey)
- Character Gallery: Selina Kyle (Birds of Prey)
|Birds of Prey television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Birds of Prey (TV Series) Characters.|