Selina Kyle is Gotham's greatest cat burglar. She gets her name not only because of her profession but also because of her cat-like qualities. Cunning, stealthy and mysterious, she is neither super hero nor arch villain. Unlike most of The Batman/Bruce Wayne's foes, Catwoman is not out for mass destruction or domination of Gotham. She is in it for the money…and the thrill of the hunt. She has even been known to do the occasional good deed when it is in her best interest. Despite The Batman's efforts to capture her, Catwoman seems to enjoy her encounters with the Dark Knight, proving to be a flirtatious rival.
When they were both after statues in museums, Catwoman teamed up with Penguin, hoping to fool him at the end of their "agreement" and take both of the statues. Once the statues were both captured, however, Penguin double-crossed Catwoman first, taking the statues and harnessing their power. Before leaving her however, he handcuffed her to Batman in un-breakable shielding and wiring. The pair went after Penguin, who started to use the statues powers to control and send out very powerful bursts of light that melted anything they touched. Though Catwoman and Penguin escaped together to get away from The Batman, they were handcuffed by The Batman beforehand, keeping them together, with The Batman holding the only key.
Catwoman found a new enemy in Ragdoll, a multi-jointed contortionist able to bend himself in every possible shape he can think of. When they both tried to steal and fence the same items, a rivalry began to brew between them; but while Ragdoll got taken away to Arkham, Catwoman was able to elude The Batman and GCPD, once again.
Later she got captured, along with Batman and Batgirl, by the Joker. They had to escape his maze or the two panthers he captured would die. She believes animals belong in the wild, suprising Batgirl. They get out and she disappears yet again.
He last appearance was when she was captured by Rumor, but escapes early before the climax of the episode.
- Orange Goggles: A pair of orange goggles that resemble the eyes of a cat.
- Whip: This version of Catwoman's suit includes a belt-like whip (that resembles a tail).
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Batman and is an adaptation of Selina Kyle/Catwoman. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Batman #1.
- Catwoman was voiced by Gina Gershon.
- 8 Appearances of Selina Kyle (The Batman)
- 6 Images featuring Selina Kyle (The Batman)
- Quotations by or about Selina Kyle (The Batman)
- Character Gallery: Selina Kyle (The Batman)
|Batman Villain(s) from the 2004 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 2004 television show The Batman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "The Batman (TV Series) Villains category."