The Sensei was the leader of the Court of Owls, who knew and respected Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne. When the Court of Owls had them killed for threatening to reveal their organization, the Sensei responded by killing the specific member that had defied him.
When Bruce Wayne was captured by the Court and brought to an unknown mountain temple, the Sensei wished to train Bruce to let go of his past trauma and forget the pain his parents' death caused him. However, the Sensei's true intentions were to turn Bruce into an obedient soldier, similar to the Court's Talon operatives. With Bruce under his control, he intended to have Bruce set off a bomb at Gotham's Union Square, which contained a virus to cleanse the city. The Sensei was killed by Bruce's butler Alfred Pennyworth, but before he died he personally set off the bomb while Bruce hesitated. His dying words to Bruce were to seek the Demon's Head.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Gotham and its tie-in webseries and shorts, Gotham Stories and Gotham: A City Gone Mad. It is an adaptation of Sensei. The original character was created by Neal Adams and first appeared in Strange Adventures #215.
- Sensei was portrayed by Raymond J. Barry.
- 5 Appearances of Sensei (Gotham)
- 2 Images featuring Sensei (Gotham)
- 1 Quotations by or about Sensei (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Sensei (Gotham)
League of Assassins member