- ...The only loose end now is for you to die by SENSEI'S HAND!
- — Sensei src
A power struggle soon developed between the Sensei and Ra's al Ghul for control over the League.
After the death of Ebenezer Darrk, the League became divided and a small faction remained loyal to Ra's al Ghul. However, most of its operatives defected from Ra's leadership and joined Sensei, giving him total control of the League. Initially, Sensei used the League's new recruit to murder Kathy Kane, the former Batwoman. This caused Batman to seek Sensei and the League to avenge her murder. However, none of them were aware that Ra's al Ghul was manipulating every event. The confrontation between Batman and the League forced Sensei to retreat from combat into hiding. While on retreat, Sensei planned the murder of a writer, but the plan was thwarted by Batman.
The Sensei seeked refuge with the remaining members of the League, but they were located by Batman, who severely affected them by capturing various members and forcing Sensei to flee once again. The Sensei then planned a massive assasination by creating a small earthquake, but his plan was thwarted by Batman. Sensei was cornered by Batman, but Ra's al Ghul showed up to remove Batman and confront the Sensei for control of the League. Ra's and the Sensei were apparently killed by the earthquake, but Ra's eventually returned to claim the leadership of the League of Assassins.
Powers and Abilities
- Lazarus Enhancement: Thanks to his son Sensei has lived for several centuries thanks to his use of Lazarus Pits which he has used countless times replenishing his aged, injured, or even dead body. As a side effect to numerous exposures to the pits his strength, speed, stamina, agility, and durability has been enhanced.
- Martial Arts: His long life allowed him to learn numerous fighting styles over the years. He is easily the most knowledgeable martial arts master in the world.
- Swordsmanship: He is a master swordsman.
- Tactical Analysis: He is a brilliant tactician.
- He has been able to beat and wound Batman with relative ease, but due to his age he has incredibly poor endurance and grew tired in only a few minutes.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 39 Appearances of Sensei (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Sensei (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Sensei (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sensei (New Earth)
League of Assassins member