"Part Four: The Last Stand of Don Vincenzo": Captured by the Sheeda, Sir Ystin is forced to do battle to the death against his mentor, Sir Galahad, who was broken by Queen Gloriana and turned into a monstrous br
- These are the End Times. This is where we make our peace with who we are and go down fighting.
Appearing in "Part Four: The Last Stand of Don Vincenzo"
- Merlin Sprite (Mentioned only)
- East Coast Mob (Mentioned only)
- Don Silencio (Mentioned only)
- Melmoth (Mentioned only)
- Tristan (New Earth)
Synopsis for "Part Four: The Last Stand of Don Vincenzo"
Captured by the Sheeda, Sir Ystin is forced to do battle to the death against his mentor, Sir Galahad, who was broken by Queen Gloriana and turned into a monstrous brute. Though no longer possessing his full mental faculties, Galahad is still much faster and stronger than Ystin, who can do little else except try and appeal to his former friend.
Back in Los Angeles, Don Vincenzo rises from the mystical waters of the Cauldron of Rebirth, and prepares his men for a last stand against the Sheeda invaders. An army of the Sheeda, led by Neh-Buh-Loh the Celestial Huntsman, have stormed his home to steal the Cauldron for their queen.
As Galahad mercilessly beats Ystin, everything changes when Gloriana smells blood; the blood of a womb. Galahad rips Ystin's chain-mail off, revealing that Ystin is actually a girl. Gloriana instructs Galahad to break the girl knight and make her into a slave.
Suddenly, the queen receives a message from the East, one that tells her of "Dark Melmoth's" survival. She quickly retires to her chambers, as Melmoth was once her husband.
Just as the Sheeda break through the chamber doors, Vincenzo rides Vanguard and his men go running out to attack the invaders in a blaze of glory. A fierce battle ensues, during which the Don's loyal bodyguard Strato is killed. Ultimately, the Don is skewered by Neh-Buh-Loh's spear and left to die as the Cauldron is captured by the Sheeda.
Ystina makes one final attempt to appeal to Galahad, but finds nothing left of the knight that she once knew, and thus she tearfully decapitates him and swears that she will kill Gloriana to avenge Camelot.
10,000 years earlier, as the forces of the Sheeda ravaged Camelot, Ystina begs Galahad to make her a knight, as many others have fallen. Even though she is only a schoolgirl, he is inspired by her bravery, and dubs her the "Shining Knight".
- It is revealed in this issue that Sir Ystin is really a girl.
- While fending off the Sheeda attack, Don Vincenzo mentions "Mo Colley", who's fate is revealed in Manhattan Guardian #4.
- Discuss Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight series
- Images from Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight Vol 1 4
- Seven Soldiers (Volume 1) Recommended Reading