Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Death and Life of Oliver Queen
When Oliver was driving home on his motorbike, Shado, on orders of Cyrus Broderick attacked. She shot him with multiple arrows, but he managed to get home. There, Oliver beat Shado in a fight when suddenly Emiko Queen appeared, shooting an arrow into Oliver's back telling Shado that she had been waiting a long time for her to show up.
Together they got onto a boat, took Oliver's body with them, and drove out from the bay of Seattle onto the ocean. When in the middle of nowhere, they threw Oliver's body over the rail down into the ocean. They then traveled to the base of the Ninth Circle, the Inferno, where Shado introduced Emi to their masters.
A few weeks later, Oliver turned out to still be alive, and Shado engaged him in a duel inside the Queen Industries building where Oliver managed to escape through a window. The chase continued through the streets where she once again beat him and left him to the police.
Later at the Inferno, Shado and Emi were supposed to kill Dinah Drake-Lance but instead Emi turned on Shado, helping free Dinah, and revealing that she had been working against her mother the entire time. After Emi, Dinah and Oliver had teamed up to escape, Shado took Emi as hostage, holding an arrow to her daughters throat. She knocked Emi unconscious and brought her to a helicopter, leaving the base while it exploded.
- Archery: Has extreme skill with archery, able to kill many targets not long after recovering from Count Vertigo's treatments.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Bow and Arrow
- Shado was created by Mike Grell, first appearing in Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Shado first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Green Arrow (Volume 5) #22 by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino.
- A woman matching Shado's description appears in Secret Origins (Volume 3) #3 participating in the training of Kate Kane (specifically, by firing arrows at her), but whether it is actually her is unknown.
- According to Emiko, when she kills someone, she gets a manicure.
- 38 Appearances of Shado (Prime Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Shado (Prime Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Shado (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Shado (Prime Earth)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.
|Team Arrow member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Arrow family of vigilante super-heroes, who fight crime using archery and martial arts. They are a loose connection brought together through family bonds and shared experiences. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Team Arrow members."
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."