Shadow Demons were the silent assassins of the Anti-Monitor.
They were the transmogrified essences of Weaponers from the planet Qward whom the Anti-Monitor sent to defend his cosmic tuning forks on various Earths across the Multiverse during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. The Shadow Demons fought against the opposing forces of the Monitor, who had gathered together an assemblage of heroes to combat the Anti-Monitor's efforts. The Shadow Demons were instrumental in a time-displaced battle in 1943 Markovia; a battle that ultimately resulted in the deaths of the Losers.
Powers and Abilities
- Bio-Fusion: Shadow Demons could merge together and become a single giant Shadow Demon.
- Disintegration: Their touch could disintegrate positive matter beings; they killed Clayface II, Lori Lemaris and Dove I in this way.
- Electro-Blast: Shadow Demons can transform themselves into lightning that could transform the members of the Marvel Family into their respective alter egos.
- Intangibility: Shadow Demons could turn themselves intangibles; however, Dr. Mid-Nite II could hold them.
- Immortality: Even broken in small fragments, Shadow Demons would reform themselves.
- Vulnerability to Light
- Purple Healing Ray: Because of the Shadow Demons' unholy nature, the healing ray could explode them instead of healing them.
- Vulnerability to Blue Beetle's Scarab: The Blue Beetle's Scarab will explode Shadow Demons that touch its user.
- No Physical Body
Links and References
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."