On Earth-2, Shay Lamden was originally an ichthyologist employed at Central City Aquarium, using his private time to research shark DNA in a quest to create a cure for cancer. After he created what he believed to be a perfect version of his serum, and being diagnosed with cancer himself, Shay injected himself, only for the experimental particle accelerator to explode, flooding the city with extradimensional energies. The unique radiation interacted with Shay's serum, causing the shark DNA to mutate and multiply out of control, taking over his body and transforming him into a hideous combination of man and shark! Driven mad by his monstrous form, Shay became a metahuman criminal, calling himself King Shark.
Brought from his home dimension to Central City by the mysterious entity known as Zoom, Shay was instructed to kill this universe's Flash in return for a trip home. Flash was eventually confronted by the humanoid shark, who struck out at Flash in an ambush attack. Confronted by an agent of a local police force, King Shark's thick skin protected him from the gunfire. As the enraged monster charged the officer, he was struck from behind by a mysterious energy weapon and collapsed.
- Amphibian: King Shark is, for all intents and purposes, a humanoid great white shark. He can move about just as easily in water or on land.
- Enhanced Senses
- Superhuman Durability: Adapted for the high pressures of the deep ocean, King Shark's skin can easily withstand gunfire without a scratch.
- Superhuman Strength: King Shark was seen lifting Barry in one hand with minimal effort.
- Superhuman Speed: King Shark is able to move at speeds far faster than humans. His superhumanly strong legs allow him to run very fast on land, although he is much faster in the water, as he was able to swim at speeds comparable to the Flash.
- Marine Biology
- Passive Electrolocation: King Shark can detect an individual's unique electric field and track them to their location.
- Telepathic Resistance: Thanks to the animal part of his brain King Shark could resist Grodd's telepathy.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of King Shark. The original character was created by Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett and first appeared in Superboy (Volume 4) #0.
- King Shark is voiced by David Hayter.
- 8 Appearances of Shay Lamden (Arrow: Earth-2)
- 4 Images featuring Shay Lamden (Arrow: Earth-2)
- Quotations by or about Shay Lamden (Arrow: Earth-2)
- Character Gallery: Shay Lamden (Arrow: Earth-2)
Copy Edit Needed