"Isis... as in Crisis!": Andrea Thomas and Rick Mason, teachers at the local high school, witness their old school building being demolished. Suddenly, Rick spots a student named Cindy Lee trapped by a fallen beam
- Zephyr winds that blow on high, lift me up so I can fly!
- — Isis
Synopsis for "Isis... as in Crisis!"
Andrea Thomas and Rick Mason, teachers at the local high school, witness their old school building being demolished. Suddenly, Rick spots a student named Cindy Lee trapped by a fallen beam and a section of wall about to crush her. Andrea stands off to one side and says, "Mighty Isis!" A magical transformation occurs and Andrea becomes Isis, Goddess of Egypt. As she runs to the construction site she says, "Ground beneath us all, bury the tumbling wall". At her command, a mound of dirt surges upward, deflects the falling masonry, and saves Cindy. Captain Marvel arrives as Cindy explains to Isis that she saw two suspicious looking men running through the site. Captain Marvel asks Isis how she acquired her powers. Isis does not reply and begins to daydream about the time when Andrea Thomas, in Egypt on a scientific expedition, found the amulet that enabled her to become The Mighty Isis. She is broken out of her daydream by Captain Marvel. As he leaves, Isis runs around a corner and disappears.
Cindy asks Rick if they could see a movie together. He turns her down but he lends her his car so she can go. As Cindy frets about being treated like a child, the two men, who robbed the local museum, return to the site and start to dig for their stolen gold coin collection. As they make their getaway, Cindy recognizes them and follows behind in Rick's car. The robbers capture Cindy, tie her to the car seat, and release the hand-brake so the car can go off a cliff.
Back at the construction site, Andrea asks the foreman about the two men. When he tells her that he saw Cindy going after the robbers, Andrea runs behind a trailer and changes into Isis. She says, "Zephyr winds that blow on high, lift me up so I can
fly!" She soars as the falcon soars, rescues Cindy and captures the fleeing gold robbers.
Appearing in "Isis... as in Crisis!"
- Isis (Andrea Thomas) (First appearance & origin)
- Amulet of Hatshepsut (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Bicentennial Villain"
Appearing in "The Bicentennial Villain"
- "The Bicentennial Villain" is reprinted in Shazam!: From the 40's to the 70's and Showcase Presents: Shazam! Vol. 1.
- This is the first mainstream comic book appearance of Isis (Andrea Thomas) and her friends, Cindy Lee and Rick Mason. These characters were created for the 1976 children's television series, The Secret of Isis. The show served as a partner series to the Shazam! live-action program, with the title characters often making guest appearances in each other's show. Filmation aired twenty-two episodes of Isis before series cancellation in 1977.
- Captain Marvel next appears in Justice League of America #135.
- Isis next appears in Isis #1.
- This issue is job number J-4350.
- This issue includes a one-page public service announcement featuring Superman titled, "Justice for All Includes Children, 6".
- Marvel Family Recommended Reading
- Whiz Comics (Volume 1)
- Captain Marvel Adventures (Volume 1)
- Captain Marvel, Jr. (Volume 1)
- Mary Marvel (Volume 1)
- Master Comics (Volume 1)
- Marvel Family (Volume 1)
- Hoppy the Marvel Bunny (Volume 1)
- Shazam! (Volume 1)
- Shazam!: The New Beginning (Volume 1)
- The Power of Shazam! (Volume 1)
- Superman/Shazam!: First Thunder (Volume 1)
- Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil (Volume 1)
- The Trials of Shazam! (Volume 1)
- Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! (Volume 1)
- Isis (Volume 1)