"Shipwreck" Roberts ran a small diving and salvage operation, in the early 1940s, in Charleston, South Carolina.
In 1940, in Charleston, South Carolina, "Shipwreck Roberts" owned a bright red "Depthosphere" submarine, with automobile-style viewing windows, which he used for deep-sea salvage and research. His sole employee was his assistant, "Deep Sea" Doodle, also a diver and submariner.
More than once Shipwreck Roberts was called upon by the U.S. Intelligence Department to assist them in resolving some critical maritime problems, some caused by a domestic supervillain, and later ones caused by enemy navies.
Shipwreck Roberts' most notable enemy was a mad scientist turned pirate turned warlord, calling himself "Doctor Drown." This villain did not spend time on threats or demands; he simply sank oceangoing ships and looted their sunken hulls. Drown also commanded several gigantic monsters, of at least three unknown species, plus at least one robotic submarine dinosaur, and a small crew of seagoing thugs.
- Diving Suit: Roberts' diving suits have transparent helmets. Roberts and Doodle are able to converse while working at great depths.
- Depthoscope: super submarine
- Electric Sizzler Torch
- The Shipwreck Roberts feature ran in the first seven issues of Master Comics (Volume 1), then one more episode in Wow Comics #1.
- 8 Appearances of Shipwreck Roberts (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Shipwreck Roberts (Earth-S)
- 1 Quotations by or about Shipwreck Roberts (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Shipwreck Roberts (Earth-S)