Appearing in Batman: "2 Face - Double Cross"
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Flashback and main story)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback and main story)
- James Gordon (Flashback only)
- Robin (Flashback and main story)
- Two-Face (Flashback only)
- Legs Lyman (Only appearance; dies)
- Jean-Paul Valley (Flashback and main story)
- Sal Maroni (Flashback only)
Synopsis for Batman: "2 Face - Double Cross"
Robin, Alfred, and Jean-Paul Valley stand over the broken, comatose form of Batman after administering the supposed miracle drug Decadron. With nothing left to do but wait and hope their friend recovers, Robin regrets that he didn't stop Batman from pushing himself too hard much sooner, like three weeks earlier when they faced Two-Face.
Three weeks earlier, Two-Face, having escaped Arkham Asylum, returns to the old Gotham Municipal Courthouse. There, he reflects on his perceived betrayal by Batman, and uses his coin to decide that he should kill his former ally. However, he decides that he needs a group of enforcers to back him up in that plan.
Two-Face gets a gun, a folder, and a hand-grenade out of a safety deposit box, and then uses the file's contents to blackmail a small-time crime boss named Legs Lyman into meeting with him. At the meeting, Two-Face reveals that he plans to blackmail Lyman into giving up his assets and enforcers to him. Lyman refuses, and a flip of his coin persuades Two-Face to shoot Lyman dead. Then, he pulls the pin from a grenade as an added incentive for Lyman's enforcers to join him. He has them send Lyman's body to the Natural History Museum in two hours.
Later, Commissioner Gordon arrives at the museum, where Two-Face's men have already dumped Lyman's body inside the rib-cage of a dinosaur skeleton. Batman arrives moments later, and wonders why Lyman's body would have been disposed of inside a brontosaurus skeleton. The guard corrects him, noting that because of an error in which the head of another dinosaur was mistaken for the head of an apatosaurus, the brontosaurus does not exist - leaving the apatosaurus the only dinosaur with two heads and two names. Batman immediately realizes that Two-Face is responsible.
Back at the Batcave, Robin tries to persuade Batman to rest and let the GCPD handle Two-Face, but Batman is dismissive of his own physical condition and leaves on his own. He shakes down a bartender and his patrons, demanding information on Two-Face's location. The bartender gives up a location, but the lead turns out to be a trap, and an explosion sends the Batmobile into Gotham River.
Appearing in Kobra: "The Kobra Kronicles (Part II) - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues"
Synopsis for Kobra: "The Kobra Kronicles (Part II) - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in Jade and Obsidian: "Image is Everything"
- Mister McEscher (Single appearance)
- Jeremy (Single appearance)
- Lea (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Jade and Obsidian: "Image is Everything"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "2 Face - Double Cross" is Chapter Thirteen of the 1993 "Knightfall" crossover event. The story continues in Showcase '93 #8. It is reprinted in the trade paperback Batman: Knightfall Part Two: Who Rules the Night and in Batman: Knightfall Volume One.
- In the story the man who scarred Two-Face's face is named as "Boss" Maroni; a name similar to the character featured in Batman Forever. Despite this, the character mentioned is to be considered Sal Maroni.
- Discuss Showcase '93 Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase '93 series
- Images from Showcase '93 Vol 1 7
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.