"Giants of the Time World": During a lunch date, Iris tells Barry that she is going to be testing out a new jet as part of a news story. Later while Iris is testing out the craft it is captured by a UFO. Witnessing the abduction on his wrist watch, Barry changes into the Flash and chases after
Appearing in "Giants of the Time World"
- Unnamed Giants (Single appearance)
- Flying Saucer
Synopsis for "Giants of the Time World"
During a lunch date, Iris tells Barry that she is going to be testing out a new jet as part of a news story. Later while Iris is testing out the craft it is captured by a UFO. Witnessing the abduction on his wrist watch, Barry changes into the Flash and chases after the ship aboard a rocket, but the ship disappears. Realizing that it must have traveled through time, Flash speeds through the time barrier and ends up in a strange world where the people start out small but grow in to giants.
Told that he is in the fourth-dimension, the giants tell the Flash that they intend to invade the Earth and take it over. Braking free of the hour-glass they have imprisoned him in, the Flash saves Iris and destroys the giant's invasion fleet with speed-vibrations, before returning himself and Iris to their own dimension.
Appearing in "The Man Who Changed the Earth"
- Doctor Alchemy (First appearance as Doctor Alchemy)
- Ben Sniper (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Changed the Earth"
Barry's date with Iris is canceled when she phones in to tell him that Mr. Element has escaped from jail. As the Flash speeds into action to search for the crook, Element has set himself up in a new hide out and has created a new identity as Dr. Alchemy. He reflects on how he broke out of prison after being jailed with mobster Ben Sniper, who owned a "lucky stone". Upon breaking out, Alchemy stole this stone which is the Philosopher's Stone of legend that can transmute matter from one element to another by means of Alchemy.
Confronting Dr. Alchemy as he is robbing a bank, the Flash is unable to catch the crook. Following Alchemy to his secret hideout, Flash tries to stop him there, but fails once more. Alchemy next turns some trash cans into gold on the east end of town, keeping the police busy while he robs a safe in the west end of the city. The Flash, wise to the idea, finds Alchemy, who tries to stop him with the Philosopher's Stone. However, Flash manages to break free and grab the stone before Alchemy can use it again and throws it into space before turning Alchemy over to the police. Changing back into Barry Allen, the Flash is once again late for another date with Iris.
- This issue is reprinted in 80-Page Giant #9, Flash Archives, Volume 1, Flash Chronicles, Volume 1, Showcase Presents: The Flash, Volume 1 and DC Comics Presents: The Flash Vol 2 1.
- Mr. Element becomes Doctor Alchemy in this issue. He appeared last in Showcase #13. He appears next in Justice League of America #21.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Showcase Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Showcase series
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes