Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Simon Ecks was a psychiatrist working at Arkham Asylum during its destruction. When spirits led by Deacon Blackfire were freed by another doctor, Ecks gained the ability to summon a powerful spirit projection of himself..
Ecks eventually mastered his abilities and could move his body freely from the duplicate, which looked more like him, but still visibly a spirit. He was murdered by Two-Face who had the help of Amygdala and Solomon Grundy to battle the duplicate.
- Bio-Fission: Ecks can create a duplicate with the following powers.
- Vulnerability to Nth Metal: Like all ghosts and spirits, Doctor Double X' duplicate has a weakness to Nth Metal.
- Mental Illness
- Simon Ecks was created by Dave Wood and Sheldon Moldoff, first appearing in Detective Comics #261. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Simon Ecks first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman Eternal #16 by Ray Fawkes, Scott Snyder, and James Tynion IV.
- 5 Appearances of Simon Ecks (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Simon Ecks (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Simon Ecks (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Simon Ecks (Prime Earth)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.