Although very little has been revealed thus far about his early life, it is known that Elis has the metagene, and that his unique power is to mentally tap into the yellow-based impurity that existed in the Power Rings of the Green Lantern Corps members for many years. By doing this, Elis is able to draw power from the Rings into himself and use it for a wide variety of effects. However, the Power Ring must currently be somewhere on the planet Earth for Elis to affect it.
Using his stolen Power Ring energy, Elis publicly became a faith healer, gaining worldwide notoriety for his consistently proven ability to heal the sick... an act he performed using the Power Ring energy. He also adopted the guise of the Anarchist, and he and his gang used the power to commit spectacular crimes which even the Justice League proved unable, at first, to stop.
Ultimately, the JLA deduced the connection between the Anarchist and the Power Ring energy of their teammate Green Lantern, and were able to stop their comrade from recharging his Power Ring. This cut off Elis' power supply, and once it ran out, he and his gang were easily defeated. Following his conviction, Green Lantern was able to erect a psychic block in Elis' mind that prevents him from tapping into the Power Ring's energy, and Elis has remained in prison ever since.
can draw energy from Green Lantern power ring and use it for similar effects, or empower others
must force Green Lantern to recharge ring periodically to continue drawing its energy
- This version of Simon Elis (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Appearances of Simon Elis (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Simon Elis (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Simon Elis (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Simon Elis (Earth-One)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."