Sister Anne-Marie was once a young amateur magician who had befriended several like-minded individuals, including John Constantine.
Although she did not know John very long, the soft-spoken Anne-Marie had developed a crush on the wild magus. In the late 1970s, Anne-Marie became a part of the ill-fated "Newcastle Crew" whose unsuccessful attempt to exorcise the demon Nergal from possessing young Astra Logue resulted in great emotional torment for the group. Anne-Marie was so traumatized by the experience that she turned to religion.
She eventually became a nun, but the experience at Newcastle always haunted her. Anne-Marie was eventually slain by an entity called an Invunche, who had been specifically targeting those closely associated with John Constantine. Anne-Marie's ghost, as well as the spirits of several others, haunted Constantine for many years following their deaths.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 13 Appearances of Sister Anne-Marie (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Sister Anne-Marie (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Sister Anne-Marie (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sister Anne-Marie (New Earth)
Swamp Thing and is predominantly seen in the Swamp Thing family of titles. This character may be part of the Swamp Thing's supporting cast, a minor acquaintance, or one of his adversaries. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Swamp Thing Characters category.
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."