Starting in 1947, the Sky Pirate was briefly an enemy of Green Lantern (Alan Scott).
In the late 1940s, a man we now know only as "Sky Pirate" owned and commanded the zeppelin "The Flying Dutchman", and his modus operandi was to bump his airship right up against a penthouse apartment, or other target, and then deploy his pirate crew to invade it, strip it of valuables, and escape in minimum time. His hideout was a natural cave, in the Catskills Mountains. The Sky Pirate packed a replica flintlock pistol (modified to fire knockout gas, which was strong enough to subdue the Green Lantern).
Due to his unique mental condition, the Sky Pirate felt extremely confident when flying, or being off the ground, even when indoors. He was physically more robust as well. Conversely, the main weakness of the Pirate was Terraphobia (the fear of low altitudes). He would lose confidence and skill, when on flat ground, or below it.
- The higher the altitude at which he operated, the physically stronger he became.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Psychology: He once disguised himself as a psychologist and installed Acrophobia on Alan Scott's mind.
- Swordsmanship He was a skilled unarmed fighter and a swordsman as well.
- Terraphobia: The inverse property of his affinity for high altitudes was the depressing effect on him of being at or near ground level. At its worst, this phobia made him light-headed and physically frail.
- Flying Dutchman: The Flying Dutchman was a zeppelin used by the Sky Pirate and his gang. It had a paint job that resembled a pirate galleon; from far away it gave the appearance of being a flying pirate ship, which is exactly what it was. The ship could emit a smokescreen, which was used to disguise the airship as a cloud. When it docked, the airship ropes were almost invisible, and gave the impression that the Pirate, while balancing on such a line, was floating in the air.
- Gas Gun, disguised as Flintlock Pistol
- Gas was effective against Green Lantern.
- This version of the Sky Pirate, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 7 Appearances of Sky Pirate (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Sky Pirate (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Sky Pirate (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Sky Pirate (Earth-Two)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."