Slaar was from the planet Ramox. He had a genetic disorder that caused him to steal just for the thrill of it. On Ramox, criminal tendencies were bred out long ago. However, the genetic disorder was found in Slaar and caused shame on his family.
While within Earth's orbit Slaar made a deal with the Monitor. Slaar provided the Monitor with information on Ramox in exchange for knowledge of the planet Earth. While on Earth, Slaar had stolen various elements that are rare to a Ramoxian. Slaar easily entered and stolen the elements without leaving any signs of entry, exit or prints of any kind. The elements stolen were reduced so that they would fit within a computer chip and could be enlarged at a later time.
Superman was baffled by Slaar's perfect thievery and was unable to stop him in their first encounter. With the help of two large tuning forks, Superman was able to stop Slaar by telling him that the tuning forks would shatter Slaar's crystalline body if he moved. While Slaar was unable to move he was cured of his genetic disorder of compulsive stealing.
- Reduction beam which is able to reduce objects that will fit into a computer chip that could be enlarged at a later time.
- Spacecraft that had a cloaking device that Superman was unable to see with his super-vision.
- A laser beam that emits from his stomach region.
- This version of the Thief-Master of Ramox, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Slaar (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Slaar (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Slaar (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Slaar (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."