During an as yet unrevealed adventure, the 5th-Dimensional being Dr. Nobody magically extended the lifespans of SMASH members, along with other heroes. That enabled them to remain active for decades without apparently aging.
Members of SMASH were killed or placed in suspended animation by an alien being attempting to convert the Earth into a spaceship.
Renaming themselves (from Major to Modern), the team reformed and continued their adventures.
- Ostensibly a team dating back to the 1940s, they of course are a modern invention of Alan Moore and Chris Sprouse using various public domain characters from Nedor Comics.
- 11 Appearances of Society of Modern American Science Heroes (Earth-ABC)
- 3 Images that include Society of Modern American Science Heroes (Earth-ABC)
- Team Gallery: Society of Modern American Science Heroes (Earth-ABC)
- Tom Strong Vol 1 11
- Tom Strong Vol 1 12
- Terra Obscura Volume 1
- Terra Obscura Volume 2
- Tom Strong and the Planet of Peril Vol 1
- Terra Obscura & Splash Brannigan - a Who's Who type issue covering Terra Obscura characters.