While the original Solomon Grundy of Earth-Two was trapped in Slaughter Swamp, he crossed over into Earth-One looking for his counterpart of that universe (who, unknown to him, did not yet exist); In doing so, he left behind residual cells. Shortly after, the Parasite used an enhanced crystal to metabolically hasten the growth of the residual cells left over in the sewers from the original Solomon Grundy. The cells grew into the Earth-One Solomon Grundy, a newer and stronger version.
During a clash with Superman, it was determined Grundy's might was too much a match for the Man of Steel, so Superman flew the monster to an alien world inhospitable to all save the hardiest life forms. There, under the planet's reduced gravity, Grundy was appeased when Superman gave him a cape to wear as the zombie propelled himself through the air mimicking his one-time adversary.
This version repeatedly plagued Superman until an encounter where multiple Grundys were spawned, and Superman and the Swamp Thing both encountered the clones. Soon, Superman obtained a compound from S.T.A.R. Labs which caused the Grundys to become inert, in effect killing the seemingly unkillable man-things. Swamp Thing attempted to cry out for Superman to stop, as he believed the Grundys to meet the definition of life, but Swamp Thing was unable to express this, due to a lack of vocal cords. Meanwhile, the original Solomon Grundy continued to exist.
- This version of Solomon Grundy, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 6 Appearances of Solomon Grundy (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Solomon Grundy (Earth-One)
- 3 Quotations by or about Solomon Grundy (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Solomon Grundy (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."