Solus was a kin- and kingslayer, banished from his own planet and forced to spend his days on a space station. He captured many creatures for his entertainment, including Swamp Thing.
Solus' race, though unknown, possessed the ability to manipulate matter, energy, and minds through physical contact. Solus' older brother was the ruler of their home planet. Considering him to be an inferior ruler, Solus murdered him in what he claimed was patriotism, but the rest of the planet considered murder. As punishment, Solus was placed on a self-sustaining space station for the rest of his life, with only the machines that ran it as company. To ensure that he never left, devices resembling diamonds were implanted all over his body. While the gems looked decorative, they were in fact explosive devices, primed to go off if Solus ever again touched any planetary soil.
Driven even more insane through solitude, Solus began to modify the station's machines, eventually developing a teleportation device called a comporter. Solus used the device to kidnap beings from other planets to serve as his enslaved subjects. Solus' end came when, after capturing Swamp Thing, his slaves revolted and destroyed his station. During the fight, Solus slipped and fell off the edge of the station. When Swamp Thing tried to save him, Solus grabbed Swamp Thing's wrists and in an attempt to take control of his mind. The contact with Swamp Things body, comprised of mud and muck as it is, triggered Solus' destructive gems. Solus was last seen floating off into space and exploding, presumably killing him.
Self-proclaimed control over matter, energy, and minds through touch.
- Comporter:' a teleportation device created by Solus in order to capture beings to become his subjects/slaves. The machine could be programmed to scan planets and look for certain criteria in its captured subjects. For instance, Swamp Thing was captured because Solus had the Comporter set to find and capture oddities and variations of the human form.
- This version of Solus (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Solus (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Solus (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Solus (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Solus (Earth-One)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Swamp Thing. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Swamp Thing Villains."