On the planet Krypton; General Zod caused the destruction of planet by drilling the planet for its core in order to have the energy needed for his war machine and stopped Jor-El from implanting his genetic code onto the egg created by Lara. Knowing the planet is about to blow up, Zod touches it to implant his genetic code. The pod escaped the planet and crashed on the planet Earth near the US/Mexico border. A young Mexican couple Manuel and Rosa Guerra where trying to cross the border for a better life in America. They found the Kryptonian Birthing Matrix and took the child with them just before the government forces arrived. The couple hide and were able to escape and they raised the child as their own naming him "Hernan Guerra".
Hernan grew up in the the US on along with his sister Valentina. He would have strange dreams which he would share with his sister but when he turned eight he began sneaking out at night to stare at the stars. He also started flying and on one night he was caught by his mother who insisted he keep his powers secret. He and his family worked long hours for minimum wages for a local farmer. The farmer would crop dust the field while the migrant workers were working, Hernan used his super-breath to blow away the chemicals, which he was told off by his father for later. It was the next day Hernan completed the harvest on his own in one night. On one fateful day he was playing with his sister and teased her to climb a tree and he would then take her flying. She did but he caused her to fall as joke she broke her back. Now wheelchair bound he was racked with guilt which he would carry for the rest of his life. From that day he stopped using his powers. A plane began falling out of the sky and his parents begged him to save the people but he refused and it crashed. He was later attacked by a group of town drunks who he accidentally zapped with his heat vision. The local sheriff and a posse arrived threatened his family, he took them out with ease but before he could kill them his sisters begging caused him to stop. It was from there he left his family to explore the world. He traveled the globe experience everything there was to offer the good the bad and everything in between. It was in Mexico he thought he would find peace, but he was wrong. A drug lord by the name of Juan Carlos Furentes sent his men to attack a school in order to kidnap the daughter of one of his enemies. Hernan decided to rescue them and attacked the compound with ease killing many of Juan's men and rescued the girls. He then returned home to meet his father who revealed his mother had died from cancer. He found his sister happily married with a child still hopeful for her brother. It was Valentina who told him his purpose was to save the world. He traveled to Juan Carlos Furentes' mansion and introduced himself as "Superman" and told him he was there to change the world. He then executed Juan with his heat vision.
Brainiac was created as contingency plan set by Dr. Sivana to stop Superman. However, Brainiac lost control of his immeasurable psychic powers, creating an energy dome around himself in Metropolis causing destruction across the city. The President prepared to release a small nuclear warhead to stop him after being unable to contact Superman. However, Superman arrived and penetrated the dome and find Brainiac, who is only a small child. Brainiac was crying, without any memories or control of his powers. Superman attempted to talk Brainiac into trying to control his powers, but Brainiac was unable to do so. In order to stop the dome, Superman used his heat-vision to quickly execute the young Brainiac, which the child wanted and which Superman showed sadness towards doing.
Vs. The Metal Men
The Justice League broke up a group underneath the Kaznian Embassy using extreme violence. This lead to the Justice League's accountability being challenged by the world's governments. Later following the suspicious deaths of three renowned scientists, one being killed by someone using a form of heat vision, all suspicions fell on Superman and the Justice League. To help prove their innocence Superman invited Lois Lane to the Justice League HQ, where he told her of his goals to help humanity, and reveals how little he knows about Krypton or his heritage. They failed to stop another assassination of another group of scientists who had links to Lex Luthor. However, they save Dr. Will Magnus, one of Batman's friends, who they take back to their tower. Superman then flew to Luthor's orbital satellite. He revealed to Superman about "Project Fair Play" a weapon that could take out the Justice League if they went rogue. He also revealed the truth of his father General Zod which devastated Superman. However as he left Luthor was attacked and the satellite was destroyed. President Waller saw this believing it to be Superman and activated Project Fair Play. Superman and the Justice League faced the army, while Batman activated the HQ's forcefield. Magnus awoke and was revealed to be the mastermind with a plan to use nanobots to take control of the world. Luthor was revealed to be alive and teleported into the middle of the battle revealing the truth. The League battled the Metal Men, and they manage to destroy the weapon at the cost of the Kryptonian escape ship. Realizing his loss, Magnus disintegrated himself with nanites. The Justice League, afterword, was cleared of all charges formerly laid against them. Luthor now planned to explore the universe. But, before he left, he gave Superman all the data on Krypton. Superman along with Batman then decided to move forward in order to save the world in a new way. 
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Superman's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superman can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Superman's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Superman's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Superman can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Supermans can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Superman can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Superman is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Superman is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Superman is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the animated movie Justice League: Gods and Monsters, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Lor-Zod. The original character was created by Geoff Johns, Richard Donner, and Adam Kubert and first appeared in Action Comics #844.
- Superman was voiced by Benjamin Bratt.
- 6 Appearances of Son of Zod (Gods and Monsters)
- 4 Images featuring Son of Zod (Gods and Monsters)
- Quotations by or about Son of Zod (Gods and Monsters)
- Character Gallery: Son of Zod (Gods and Monsters)
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.