The Sphere of the Gods is a metaphysical reality whose inhabitants exist on a higher plane of existence than the inhabitants of the 52 realities that make up the Orrery of Worlds, but on a lower plane of existence than the denizens of the reality known as the Monitor Sphere.
At the dawn of creation, magic existed in its raw form within the plane that would become the Sphere of the Gods. It was promising and pure, as it surrounded the forming Multiverse. From that energy, the first magical being shaped herself out of the cosmos.
The Sphere of the Gods is composed of 8 realms that each act as a polar opposite to another realm within the Sphere of the Gods, such as the shining New Genesis which acts as the polar opposite to the fiery Apokolips. Each of the realms within the Sphere of the Gods is directly connected to at least 1 reality within the Orrery of Worlds which greatly affects the natures and developments of the universes they are connected to, as well as those in close relative proximity to them such as in the case of Earth 11.
Travel between the Sphere of the Gods and the other planes of existence in the Multiverse is normally not possible, but can be artificially achieved through the use of a Boom Tube or a Shift Ship. Natural portals to the Sphere of the Gods have been known to exist within the Orrery of the Worlds such as Greece's Mount Olympus serving as a portal to the portion of Skyland that the Gods of Olympus reside in.
The Sphere of the Gods is also the fount from which all magic flows into the Multiverse and grants the gods and those who have godlike abilities their power, making it one of The Seven Forces of the Universe. The fact that the Sphere of the Gods is the source of all magic is the reason why all the beings who originate from this reality wield great power and are considered gods by the beings who exist on the lower plains of existence.
Points of Interest
- Dream and Nightmare
- Graveyard of Gods
- New Genesis
- The Endless
- Old Gods
- New Gods
- Celtic Gods
- Divine Bureaucracies of China
- Gods of Africa
- Gods of Atlantis
- Gods of Egypt
- Gods of Japan
- Gods of Mexico
- Gods of Oceania
- Gods of Olympus
- Gods of Rome
- Hawaiian Gods
- Hindu Gods
- It was originally stated in Justice League Dark #3 that the dimension known as the Other Place was the source of all magic, but this was contradicted a year later in Justice League #30 which says that it is actually the Sphere of the Gods that is the source of all magic. These contradictory statements were finally elaborated on in Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour were it was revealed that the Sphere of the Gods is the source of magic for those who originate from the regular Multiverse while the Other Place is the source of magic for those who originate from the Dark Multiverse.
- The Sphere of the Gods has similar role in the Multiversal structure to Earth 3 as the Sphere of the Gods is the source of all magic in the Multiverse, where as Earth 3 is the source of all evil in the Multiverse.
- Characters from Sphere of the Gods
- Other things related to Sphere of the Gods
- Sphere of the Gods's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Sphere of the Gods