After a narrow escape from Brainwave, Courtney and Pat argue over her drive to hunt down the Injustice Society members to aS.T.R.I.P.E. is an episode of season 1 of Stargirl. It premiered on May 25, 2020.
Synopsis for "S.T.R.I.P.E."
After a narrow escape from Brainwave, Courtney and Pat argue over her drive to hunt down the Injustice Society members to avenge Starman, who she still insists could be her father. Meanwhile, Brainwave breaks into William Zarick's house to warn him about the situation. Having procured his attacker's ID badge, Brainwave starts to search for Courtney and starts with Blue Valley High School's Opening Day. Coincidentally, Pat has the same idea to locate Brainwave and Courtney tags along despite his warnings. Pat begins adjusting his robot armor whilst attending Ripped City. Courtney also takes the Starman suit and redesigns it at school to fit her. Brainwave stops his son to reconfirm his sighting of the new Starman, asking him if they were a girl before testing him to see if he can read his mind. Failing to do so, Brainwave is disappointed and dismisses him. Barbara Whitmore settles into her new job at The American Dream and attempts to provide ideas at CFO Sharpe's request. However, each idea is quickly shut down and Barbara is told by a co-worker that he can be tough. During the Opening Day, Courtney and Brainwave eventually run into each other and the the latter threatens the former, promising to kill her mother if she doesn't return the staff by midnight. Courtney tells Pat what happened and he goes to meet Brainwave in her place. However, things don't go as planned when Brainwave overpowers Pat and uses his robotic armor against him. Courtney has a heart-to-heart with her mother about their move and having a new family, resulting in her donning the redesigned Starman suit and arriving in time to confront Brainwave, announcing herself as Stargirl. The two fight and, just when Brainwave gets the upper hand, Courtney accidentally causes him to have a seizure with the staff. They leave Brainwave to be found and the two decide to work together to stop the Injustice Society, with Courtney giving Pat the name S.T.R.I.P.E.. Brainwave is later seen in hospital where his son finds him. Icicle stops by The American Dream building and opens a secret passageway leading to the Injustice Society's hideout. He passes a reinforced prison containing Solomon Grundy and greets him before entering the main room where he sees Steven Sharpe waiting. Sharpe reveals video footage depicting Brainwave's defeat at the hands of Stargirl and Icicle remarks that he can kill another Starman before freezing the screen with his powers.
Appearing in "S.T.R.I.P.E."
- Barbara Whitmore
- Mike Dugan
- Pat Dugan/S.T.R.I.P.E.
- Henry King, Jr.
- Injustice Society
- Max the Dog
- Abraham Lincoln (In a photograph only)
- Anaya Bowin
- Artemis Crock
- Beth Chapel
- Bobbie Burman (First appearance)
- Bridget Chapel (First appearance)
- Cameron Mahkent (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Cindy Burman
- Denise Zarick (First appearance)
- Isaac Bowin
- James Chapel (First appearance)
- Jenny Williams
- Joey Zarick
- Justice Society of America (In a photograph only)
- Doctor Fate/Kent Nelson (In a photograph only)
- Doctor Mid-Nite/Charles McNider (In a photograph only)
- Hooty the Owl (In a photograph only)
- Green Lantern/Alan Scott (In a photograph only)
- Hawkgirl/Shiera Sanders (In a photograph only)
- Hawkman/Carter Hall (In a photograph only)
- Hourman/Rex Tyler (In a photograph only)
- Johnny Thunder (In a photograph only)
- Thunderbolt (In a photograph only)
- Sandman/Wesley Dodds (In a photograph only)
- Starman/Sylvester Pemberton (In a photograph only)
- The Flash/Jay Garrick (In a photograph only)
- Wildcat/Ted Grant (In a photograph only)
- Mercedes (First appearance)
- Sam Kurtis (In a photograph only)
- Theodore Roosevelt (In a photograph only)
- Yolanda Montez
- Ted Knight (Mentioned only)
- No notes.
- Hourman is revealed to have been the last surviving JSA member following the Injustice Society's attack ten years ago. However, he too was later killed for investigating their activities and whereabouts, passing on his information to Pat Dugan.
- Ted Knight is shown to be the one who created the Cosmic Staff.
- Within the Injustice Society's hideout, a portrait of the team can be seen, depicting Wizard, Tigress, Shade, Sportsmaster, Icicle, Solomon Grundy, Brainwave, Gambler and Fiddler.
- 5 Images from Stargirl (TV Series) Episode: S.T.R.I.P.E.
- Episodes of Stargirl (TV Series)
- Images from Stargirl (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Stargirl (TV Series) series
Links and References