In 2053 Starker's father was murdered by space pirates, and the young Starker was taken as a galley slave. Starker took control of the pirate vessel, captured the pirates, and collected a bounty on them. Starker then decided to become a bounty hunter. He was aided by a robot named Arky.
- A version of Starker appears in the Twilight mini-series by Howard Chaykin and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez in 1990. In the series Starker is given the first name of John, and it is stated that he is the older brother of Silver Age hero Star Hawkins. He dies in Twilight #3.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Starker (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Starker (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Starker (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Starker (New Earth)