"Mercy": The story opens in Jack's apartment where he goes to gather his thoughts and get ready to battle The Mist's henchmen. He leaves his apartment via the roof tops in an attempt to evade the henchmen but finds them waiting for him. He battles his way through only to have a near fatal en
- I'll do whatever you want. Just don't hurt my father, you hear me? Whatever you want of me. If you want me to go on TV, sit on my Cosmic Rod and swivel, I will... as long as my father remains unharmed. I say this for his sake... and... for yours.
Appearing in "Mercy"
- The Invisible Hood (Mentioned only)
- The Icicle (Mentioned only)
- Wildcat (Mentioned only)
- Neon the Unknown (Mentioned only)
- Stormy Foster (Mentioned only)
- The Human Bomb (Mentioned only)
- Opal City
- Jack's Apartment and rooftop
- Mist's Lair/Hideout
- Fortune & Forbidden Tales Shop
- Ted Knights warehouse storage
- Prototype Cosmic Rod
- Starman's (Jack Knight) New Costume
- Leather Jacket with Astrological Emblem
- Crackerjack Prize Sheriff Badge
- WWII Anti-Flare Goggles
- Shade's Journal
Synopsis for "Mercy"
The story opens in Jack's apartment where he goes to gather his thoughts and get ready to battle The Mist's henchmen. He leaves his apartment via the roof tops in an attempt to evade the henchmen but finds them waiting for him. He battles his way through only to have a near fatal encounter with a woman who introduces herself as the daughter of The Mist, sworn enemy of Ted Knight. She mysteriously lets Jack go and he makes his way back to his old neighborhood haunt, "The Alley." Wandering through the streets he happens on a shop that is new and unfamiliar to him. He enters in the hopes of finding a short respite from the fights with Mist's henchmen and also to satisfy his curiosity. Inside he meets the owner, Charity, who makes a living as a fortune/story teller. After some casual conversation he prepares to leave when Charity divines his future "fighting the BAD", and alludes to trips the far east, a burial, outer space, a special night at the circus, and a visit from a winged man to Opal City. He leaves the shop and goes to visit his father in the hospital where he gets directions to a warehouse containing a prototype cosmic rod. One of the first Cosmic Rods, it's quite a bit larger than the other one that he recently lost to a henchman. Instead of it's larger size being a detriment he finds this rod to be a "better fit" for him, and it's retro look more to his liking. Meanwhile, while all this is going on, The Mist has been having a meeting with the Shade.The Shade agrees to help The Mist with his vendetta against Ted Knight by abducting him from his hospital bed. On arriving back at the hospital Jack finds that his father has been abducted and receives a call from The Mist. He informs Jack that his father will only be released if he agrees to The Mist's conditions, to be revealed in the next issue.
- This book was first published on October 18, 1994.
- Reprinted in Sins of the Father and Starman Omnibus Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Starman Vol 2 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Starman series
- Images from Starman Vol 2 2
- Starman Recommended Reading