"A (K)night at the Circus: Part One": Jack Knight goes antiquing in the farmlands outside the city limits. During his travels he happens upon a circus. He watches the freak show and then goes to see the cosmic geek attraction, a blue-skinn
- I sometimes think about that painting... American Gothic by Grant Wood. You know, the husband and wife who, from the look in their eyes, have a dark secret somewhere in their pasts. And maybe it's still buried on their land, too... or in that gloomy house of theirs. That's what I think about when I drive around looking for bargains. American Gothic by Wood... and bodies in barns.
Appearing in "A (K)night at the Circus: Part One"
- Starman (Jack Knight) (Flashback and main story)
- Ted Knight (Flashback only)
- David Knight (Flashback only)
- Mr. Bliss (First appearance)
- Crusher (Lyle) (First appearance)
- Black Pirate (Ghost) (In a vision)
- Circus Freak Show
- Octavia (First appearance)
- Finnegan the Fish Boy
Synopsis for "A (K)night at the Circus: Part One"
Jack Knight goes antiquing in the farmlands outside the city limits. During his travels he happens upon a circus. He watches the freak show and then goes to see the cosmic geek attraction, a blue-skinned man chained to a wall. During his viewing, Jack experiences strange visions, panics and runs away.
Afterwards, he speaks to the manager of the circus about the cosmic geek. The manger informs Jack that the performer's real name is Gregg Bailey and he puts on quite a good act. Jack is then escorted to see "Greg," again. However, he is deliberately redirected to another tent, where other circus freaks are laying in wait to ambush him. He fights his way free and flees back to Opal City, where he arms himself with his Cosmic Staff.
To be continued next issue...
- No trivia.
- Discuss Starman Vol 2 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Starman series
- Images from Starman Vol 2 7