At some point in the past, he was trained by Sinestro. When the Green Lantern Corps faced Krona and Nekron, Stel confronted the rogue Guardian, but he was destroyed by Krona. His remains were sent to his home planet, Grenda, where his fellow inhabitants honored him with a monument. However, one of them, Yron, claimed that Stel wasn't worthy to be a Green Lantern. When the Krydos attacked their home planet, Yron demanded the Guardians to give him a Power Ring, and they allowed his wish to prove his worth. However, the invaders where too strong for Yron, and he put his life and those of his fellow Grendans in jeopardy. Admitting that he wasn't as strong as his predecessor, Yron used his last seconds of life to revive Stel, who succeeded in defeating the Krydos. Stel honored Yron's sacrifice by making a monument for him in the same place Stel was originally buried.
When the Sinestro Corps essentially declared open war against the Green Lantern Corps, Stel was rescued by his partner, Green Man, after members of the the belligerent corps left him for dead. These two were the first Lanterns to come to the defense of Mogo during the conflict. Stel and Green Man later fought against Sinestro Corps forces at Las Vegas when the fight came to Earth, the former expressing a passing interest in the gambling businesses hosted there. He and Green Man both survived the war. It is unknown if he was assigned a new partner after Green Man joined the Alpha Lanterns.
During the Blackest Night, Stel participated in a battle between the Black Lantern Corps and all of the other color spectrum corps. This battle took place in the skies above Coast City. In the aftermath of the Blackest Night, Kilowog appointed Stel as the new Drill Instructor for rookie Green Lanterns while the former took some time off to re-evaluate his place in the Green Lantern Corps. Stel stated that he would do his best, and his appointment by Kilowog was approved by Salakk.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Reckless for a robot, he computes the odds of success of a mission and tries to beat them.
- Logical constructs are his specialty, which include reconstructed body parts for himself.
- Unrelenting, even going off-line for a bit has not stopped this Green Lantern from doing his duty.
- Stel weighs 60 tons which is equal to 120,000 lbs.
- 57 Appearances of Stel (New Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Stel (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Stel (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Stel (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."