A ruthless warrior from the planet Apokolips, Steppenwolf has conquered countless planets in the name of his master, Darkseid. 5,000 years ago, Steppenwolf lead his army to Earth, intent on using his three Mother Boxes to transform the planet into a twisted mirror reflection of his home planet. An alliance of Amazons, Atlanteans, Green Lanterns, all the tribes of man and even the ancient gods, stood to oppose him. The tide turned against Steppenwolf and his Mother Boxes were captured before they could transform the planet. Driven mad at the loss of his greatest weapon, Steppenwolf had to be dragged back onto his ship by his own men as they retreated back into space. The humiliated conqueror swore that the alliance of his enemies would crumble, Earth would be consumed by darkness and that he would return when it did to finish what he started.
Disgraced and humiliated by his first retreat, Steppenwolf was exiled from Apokolips for shaming his king. For millennia, Steppenwolf has wandered the stars with his army of Parademons, waiting for the day his Mother Boxes would signal him.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Steppenwolf. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in New Gods #7.
- Steppenwolf was played by Ciarán Hinds.
- 1 Appearances of Steppenwolf (DC Extended Universe)
- 3 Images featuring Steppenwolf (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Steppenwolf (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Steppenwolf (DC Extended Universe)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."