While Heggra ruled, Darkseid suggested to Steppenwolf to hunt and kill people in New Genesis, but he secretly intended that Steppenwolf cause an incident that would incite war between the two planets. During that raid, Steppenwolf killed Avia, Izaya's wife. Darkseid's scheme worked, causing a devastating war, with Izaya leading New Genesis' forces and Steppenwolf commanding those of Apokolips. During the war, Steppenwolf encountered the vengeful Izaya, who slain him in battle.
However, he was resurrected, and Darkseid once again put him command of the military. Steppenwolf later appeared in Los Angeles, recovering Apokoliptan technology that had been discovered beneath the city streets by the Flash. The Flash, with the help of several Justice Leaguers, managed to capture him. Steppenwolf later appears as a member of the board of the Dark Side Club. He was killed by Clock King.
Powers and Abilities
- Swordsmanship: Steppenwolf is a master swordsman.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Steppenwolf is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant.
- Steppenwolf's Electro-Axe
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 37 Appearances of Steppenwolf (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Steppenwolf (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Steppenwolf (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Steppenwolf (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.