Steven Larson was a tourist in Paraguay who traveled to Fuchtopia, who hoped to gain superpowers through a specially designed machine built by Sturmbannführer Von Fuchs. However, he accidentally stayed in the machine for far too long and his body changed and mutated into an abomination.
After the process, Steven realized he didn't get the powers he wanted which was magnetic feet. Instead he got a crystalline left leg, a tree-like right arm and leg, a dinosaur head, specifically a velociraptor, protruding from his left shoulder, and a mineral-like area covering his chest.
Steven used his new powers to rob a gas station, but it went utterly wrong after his raptor head attacked him and then he got knocked out by the store clerk. The disastrous robbery was broadcasted on the news and Steven Larson was dubbed Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, and was apparently the "Stupid Criminal of the Week".
Later on, Steven was arrested and taken to a courthouse when a follower of Von Fuchs failed an assassination attempt on his life. Steven survived however, as the assassin shot him in the mineral areas which protected him from the gunshots.
- Unique Physiology
- Firearms: He was shown robbing a gas station using a pistol.
- Limited Control: Steven is incapable of controlling the velociraptor head attached to his left shoulder.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Doom Patrol and is an adaptation of Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. The original character was created by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani and first appeared in Doom Patrol #89.
- Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man is portrayed by Alec Mapa.
- A running joke throughout the season is that there are various news updates on Larson's activities
- 3 Appearances of Steven Larson (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Steven Larson (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Steven Larson (Doom Patrol TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Steven Larson (Doom Patrol TV Series)
Doom Patrol Villain(s)