"The Enchantress of Terror Castle": Artist June Moone and her boyfriend Alan Dale attend a party at the mysterious Terror Castle. When an ancient gong is sounded by one of the guests, mayhem ensues. June stumbles into a secret chamber where she encounters a mystical be
- Well! If this doesn't flip your lid! I can walk right through the wall -- as if it didn't exist!
- 1 Appearing in "The Enchantress of Terror Castle"
- 2 Synopsis for "The Enchantress of Terror Castle"
- 3 Appearing in "What Happened to my Wife and Kids?"
- 4 Synopsis for "What Happened to my Wife and Kids?"
- 5 Appearing in "The Weirdest Prison on Earth"
- 6 Synopsis for "The Weirdest Prison on Earth"
- 7 Notes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See Also
- 10 Recommended Reading
- 11 Links and References
Appearing in "The Enchantress of Terror Castle"
- Enchantress (First appearance)
- Unnamed evil presence (Single appearance)
- Charlie (Single appearance)
- Terror Castle
Synopsis for "The Enchantress of Terror Castle"
Artist June Moone and her boyfriend Alan Dale attend a party at the mysterious Terror Castle. When an ancient gong is sounded by one of the guests, mayhem ensues. June stumbles into a secret chamber where she encounters a mystical being. The being tells her that she has a greater destiny. It tells her to speak the words "the Enchantress" which transforms June into the mystical-powered Enchantress.
The Enchantress returns to the party which has become a chaotic scramble. An evil presence haunting the castle threatens guests, striking at them through a tapestry. The Enchantress restores order, unblocking the doors, and getting the guests to safety. While the castle crumbles into dust, she returns to her June Moone identity and rejoins Alan.
Appearing in "What Happened to my Wife and Kids?"
- Bill Rankin
- An alien trapped on Earth
- Ellie Rankin (Bill's wife)
- Judy Rankin (Bill's daughter)
- Dan Rankin (Bill's son)
- Charlie (Bill's co-worker)
- Joe Vernon (Bill's neighbor)
- Joe's unnamed wife
- An undisclosed neighborhood on Earth
- A laboratory on an alien world (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "What Happened to my Wife and Kids?"
An alien experiment transports Bill Rankin's family and a neighbor, Joe Vernon, to the alien world in exchange for aliens from that alien world. Bill has to figure out what happened to his family and eventually the alien uses a mental connection with Bill to let him know what happened. Bill figures out how to reverse the experiment using his son's electric train set and gets everyone back to their respective worlds.
Appearing in "The Weirdest Prison on Earth"
- Carl (Archeologist)
- Vic (Archeologist)
- Alien criminals who have relocated to Earth
- Alien Police Officers
- A remote Pacific Island
- Alien Ray Guns
- Alien Translation Helmets
- Alien Flying Saucer
Synopsis for "The Weirdest Prison on Earth"
Two archeologists become trapped in a cavern when a gigantic metallic gorilla head snaps shut, imprisoning them. They quickly discover aliens who appear to be searching for something. Trying to get away from them they move deeper into the cavern only to discover the aliens base of operations. They decide to attack the aliens but are both struck down by the alien's ray weapons. When they come to, they discover they are wearing alien helmets that allow them to communicate with the aliens, who tell them that they have relocated to Earth as they were being pursued by the authorities of their own world. They are told that they were captured by the trap that they had set for the police who are currently pursuing them. As the aliens explain, they are alerted that the alien police force has arrived, so they reset the trap, in anticipation of their arrival. At that moment, Vic uses the volume amplifier on his helmet to cause a massive feedback into the aliens' helmets, knocking them backwards in pain. Vic & Carl flee and are pursued by the aliens. Vic & Carl lead them to where the trap was to be sprung on the police, but manage to trap the aliens within it, instead. There they are kept until the alien police force arrives & takes the alien gang back to their own world for prosecution.
- Dzamor is next seen and finally named in Superman Family #205 (Feb. 1981)
- "The Enchantress of Terror Castle" is reprinted in Adventure Comics #417 &