- Ideals belong on flagpoles and in museums and in the movie theaters. This is reality--and reality is ugly.
Suicide Squad: Rebirth #1 is a one-shot with a cover date of October, 2016. It was published on August 3, 2016.
Synopsis for "Rebirth"
Amanda Waller sits down for a stern dismissal by President Obama about her Task Force X but she sways him by presenting the missing element, Rick Flag. She journeys to his holding cell where he has been imprisoned as a terrorist and she convinces him to lead her team who are currently in Mongolia.
The Suicide Squad had been dispensed to retrieve a meta gene bomb from a small army, Dogra War, who used the bomb to give themselves meta powers. As the scientist is captured with the briefcase Boomerang cuts both his arms off and the team retrieve their quarry, they also shoot Ljungberg so he can not remake the bomb which angers the Dogra War.
Completely overwhelmed Harley Quinn pulls a hail mary and triggers the bomb again, removing all meta abilities within a mile radius. Through the debris and smoke comes their new commander to wrap it all up, Rick Flag.
Appearing in "Rebirth"
- Amanda Waller
- Rick Flag (First appearance) (Joins team)
- Suicide Squad
- Mark Ljungberg (Only appearance; dies)
- Dogra War
- President Obama
- Katana (In a photograph only)
- Killer Croc (In a photograph only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Metagene Bomb
- Waller says that Flag was a Navy Seal and a Colonel. The U.S. Navy doesn't use the rank of Colonel. The closest rank to Colonel would probably be that of Commander.
- Suicide Squad Recommended Reading