"Final Round": Amanda Waller debriefs the Suicide Squad on the current state of the Derek Tolliver situation-the previous liaison to the NSC who ratted out the Suicide Squad to [[Joseph Cray (New Earth)|Se
- The Squad, for all its faults, has done something for this country. Scum like you do nothing but rape it. I'm doing the country a favor.
Appearing in "Final Round"
- Suicide Squad / Task Force X
- Clark Kent
- Lois Lane
- Jimmy Olsen
- Perry White
- Captain Tobe (First appearance)
- Hilly (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Final Round"
Amanda Waller debriefs the Suicide Squad on the current state of the Derek Tolliver situation-the previous liaison to the NSC who ratted out the Suicide Squad to Senator Cray. Cray plans to blackmail Waller into supporting him for reelection in exchange for his silence, while she plots to blackmail him back. Unfortunately, she didn't clue Rick Flag in on the plan and he plans to travel to Washington, D.C. to kill Cray and Tolliver himself. She orders the squad to stop Flag from accomplishing his goal, "by any means necessary."
Little does she know that Tolliver has already been murdered, with an incriminating note left on his body that ties the murder to the Suicide Squad.
Arriving in DC, the team splits up, each of them debating whether or not they'd be capable of killing Flag if the need should arise. Flag corners Cray at the Lincoln Memorial but is interrupted by Deadshot who informs him of Waller's orders. Flag demands he shoot him but Deadshot sends a bullet through Cray's skull instead. The police arrive and shoot Deadshot repeatedly. He barely survives and informs Waller from a hospital bed he believed he was following her orders, using any means necessary to stop Col. Flag from killing Senator Cray himself.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Suicide Squad Vol 1 22 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Suicide Squad series
- Images from Suicide Squad Vol 1 22
- Suicide Squad Recommended Reading