"The Janus Directive, Part 8: Heavy Squad": In the new Checkmate base, Harry Stein and General Eiling form a plan to attack Belle Reve. They are under the impression Amanda Waller is replaced by a doppelganger.
- I've got a date with a fat lady and I'm gonna make her sing!
Synopsis for "The Janus Directive, Part 8: Heavy Squad"
In the new Checkmate base, Harry Stein and General Eiling form a plan to attack Belle Reve. They are under the impression Amanda Waller is replaced by a doppelganger.
At Belle Reve, Amanda Waller anticipates a battle. During the attack, Flo Crawley is called by Simon LaGrieve for help but an explosion knocks out Flo Crawley. They fight, Firestorm arrives, and then Amanda Waller uses the Medusa Mask to stop all of the fighting. She explains she was attacked and meant to be replaced by a doppelganger but she won. She worked with Sarge Steele and King Faraday to get as much information as she needed. She went along with Kobra’s plan, pretending to be their plant to allow those two to find the information they need to stop Kobra.
In space, Kobra’s plan is to kill the entire population of Earth using an electromagnetic pulse. Dr. Megala and Babylon are captured here. Lord Naga Naga is presented with the destroyed Manhunter Suit. Mark Shaw has disguised himself as a Blackadder waiting for an opportunity to leave or save the civilians the Kobra Cult have abducted.
Appearing in "The Janus Directive, Part 8: Heavy Squad"
- Suicide Squad
- Force of July
- Project Atom
- Task Force X
- King Faraday (Cameo)
- Sarge Steel (Cameo)
- Lois Lane
- John Chase (Mentioned only)
- Cherie Chase (Mentioned only)
- This issue is part of the Janus Directive crossover event. The correct reading order is: 1. Checkmate #15, 2. Suicide Squad #27, 3. Checkmate #16, 4. Suicide Squad #28, 5. Checkmate #17, 6. Manhunter #14, 7. Firestorm #86, 8. Suicide Squad #29, 9. Checkmate #18, 10. Suicide Squad #30, and 11. Captain Atom Vol 2 #30.
- Suicide Squad Recommended Reading