- But you inspired us, Amanda. I didn't lie about that. Who you serve is the issue. But the way you use metahumans to achieve your ends? It's been...magnificent. And we're going to use your tactics to give this planet back to its true owners. I know you think I killed Hack, Amanda. I didn't. Think about that with your last breath. You don't know everything.
Appearing in "Blowing Up"
- Suicide Squad
- The People
- Gulag (Mentioned only)
- Hack (Mentioned only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Teen Titans (Mentioned only)
- Neural Bombs
Synopsis for "Blowing Up"
From Belle Reve, Waller watches with Emilia Harcourt as the Suicide Squad, sans Boomerang, infiltrate the base of the Annihilation Brigade. Inside the base General Zod races through the access tunnels and nearly crushes Tunguska's containment suit but is knocked off by Cosmonut. The team barge into the room to fight the remaining members as Tunguska wails about how his containment suit is breached and will kill them all outright. Rick Flag orders Harley Quinn and Deadshot to locate and destroy the brigade's data banks.
Inside the next room they discover the cells of hundreds of meta-humans who had been experimented on by the Brigade. Harley sympathises with how the People had been copying the Squad's neural bombs though Deadshot vouches for escaping, claiming their freedom was not part of the mission. Otherwise, Flag orders the Enchantress to ready a teleport out of the base but he runs to find and protect Quinn as the others escape. As the explosion clears out the secret base and kills all left inside, the Squad watch from across a valley. Flag holds Quinn's hand for comfort and Katana takes Cosmonut (the sole survivor) hostage.
Unbeknown to the Squad, on Belle Reve Harcourt reveals her betrayal and heads down to the server room, assassinating the team down there and initiating the self-destruction sequence of the prison. As she attempts to leave Waller stops her, Harcourt aims her pistol at Waller but when she goes to fire the clip is empty - Waller had ordered all but four bullets to be taken out of her weapon, one for each of the technicians. Enraged she pistol whips Waller but before she can make a final blow, from nowhere a boomerang takes her out and Captain Boomerang following soon behind.
With the team returning to Belle Reve they each find time to relax; Waller interrogates Consmonut, Harley and Flag share intimate moments but the newest recruit, Zod, stares into his portal to the Phantom Zone promising to free the prisoners soon. Later while thinking of the kryptoninan neural bomb he stares into a mirror and decides to extract the bomb himself, using his eye beams.
- This book was first published on May 10, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Suicide Squad Vol 5 17 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Suicide Squad series
- Images from Suicide Squad Vol 5 17