"The Fury of the Super Foes": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- Zonkers! You sure gave us a workout!
- -- Wendy Harris
Appearing in "The Fury of the Super Foes"
- Super Foes (First appearance)
- Cheetah (Priscilla Rich) (First appearance)
- Chick (First appearance)
- Honeysuckle (First appearance)
- Human Flying Fish (First appearance)
- Kitten (First appearance)
- Penguin (First appearance)
- Poison Ivy (First appearance)
- Sardine (First appearance)
- Toyboy (First appearance)
- Toyman (Winslow Schott) (First appearance)
- Doctor Michaels
- Doctor Street
- Professor Uther
Synopsis for "The Fury of the Super Foes"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on August 26, 1976.
- This comic book series is based upon the Hanna-Barbera Super Friends animated television series.
- Although this series takes place outside the continuity of mainstream DC Comics, many established facets of the Pre-Crisis environment are maintained in the Super Friends title, such as: Robin attending college at Hudson University, an element addressed heavily in the Batman comic title, but never revealed in the cartoon.
- This is the first comic book appearance of Wendy and Marvin, as well as Wonderdog. All three were supporting characters in the first season of the Super Friends animated series. Modernized versions of Wendy and Marvin appeared in the pages of Teen Titans (Volume 3).
- Cheetah, Chick, Honeysuckle, Human Flying Fish, Kitten, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Sardine, Toyboy and Toyman are banded together as the Super Foes. The Super Foes are analogous to the Legion of Doom.
- The Toyman seen in this issue is Winslow Schott, whereas the character usually depicted in the continuity of the cartoon was Jack Nimball, the second Toyman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Super Friends Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Super Friends series
- Images from Super Friends Vol 1 1
- Super Friends (Volume 1)
- Super Friends (TV Series)
- Super Powers (Volume 1)
- Super Powers (Volume 2)
- Super Powers (Volume 3)
- Justice League of America (Volume 1)
- DC Super Friends
Links and References
- Super Friends series index at the Grand Comics Database (creator credits)