- I could be in some totally hostile environment for all I know. Like France.
- — Superboy
Appearing in "Grudge Match"
Synopsis for "Grudge Match"
At the Agenda's headquarters, Superboy faces his duplicate, a clone called Match. The Directors gloat that Match is more powerful than Superboy and under their complete control. They plan on creating an army of Match clones and putting them up for sale. Superboy will not allow it to continue, and so the Directors order Match to destroy Superboy. SB doesn't bother to stick around and slug it out, but tears out of the room, winding his way through the compound. He stumbles into a vast room where there are thousands of cloning pods ready to produce an army. Match tracks down the Kid, and despite SB's protests and appeals to whatever humanity the clone might have, Match attacks him without mercy. His powers are greater than Superboy's, he even has some sort of eye beam attack. Superboy fights valiantly, however, and soon has Match at his mercy. Amanda intervenes at this point, but a ricochet from her gun damages the reactor, which starts to go meltdown. Superboy grabs Match and Spence and starts to fly them out, but Match wrenches free from his grip and falls. Superboy makes it just a half step ahead of the explosion that destroys the base.
The exertion causes Superboy to collapse in the snow outside the base. Luckily, Tana has been able to track down the site, and arrives via a Coast Guard chopper and takes him to the hospital. As it turns out, the only apparent casualty of the destruction was Match, though Superboy is not happy to think he is dead.
As Tana hugs the Kid, a small pimple is visible on his cheek.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 36 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
- Images from Superboy Vol 4 36
- Superboy (Kon-El) Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project