- It's like being forced to choose between Betty and Veronica.
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "Sledge-Hammered"
Synopsis for "Sledge-Hammered"
While snoozing on the beach, Superboy has a nightmare about Roxy and Tana fighting over him. Dubbilex begins to offer advice until he gets a telepathic flash from Roxy that a hulking brute is smashing downtown Honolulu. Much to Superboy's dismay, both Roxy is there with the Special Crimes Unit and Tana is circling overhead in a news chopper.
The kid runs into Sledge who tosses him around like a rag doll. Superboy and the SCU throw evertything they've got at Sledge, but can't even phase him. Sledge doesn't seem that interested in fighting, though, but Superboy isn't listening. The two tear up the entire street duking it out, but the Kid is taking the brunt of the damage. Roxy decides to intervene and launches some tear gas at Sledge. Enraged, the brute tries to squash her, but Superboy rescues her. Tana gets a nice camera shot of Superboy flying with Tana in his arms. After getting Rox to safety, the kid goes back to Sledge, but finally realizes that Sledge never wanted to fight. Still Superboy doesn't feel like he can just let him go, seeing as how Sledge escaped from the Slab. The question is moot, however, when Sledge pounds him into next Tuesday.
Superboy wakes up to find that Sledge has escaped. Tana and Roxy help him to his feet, giving each other wicked looks.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 37 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
- Superboy (Kon-El) Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project