"Hyper-Tension (Part III of V) – Divided by Zero": Kon-El still is on the Kent farm talking to the Superboy of this reality. He laments about the fried Hyperjacket i.e. he will ot be able to jump back to his reality. The other Superboy at least gives
Appearing in "Hyper-Tension (Part III of V) – Divided by Zero"
- Adam Winterbourne
- Knockout (Cameo)
- Mickey Cannon
- Serling Roquette
- Hyperjacket Superboy (Deceased) (Behind the scenes)
- Dabney Donovan (Cameo)
- JLA (Cameo)
- Lois Lane (Cameo)
- Steel (Cameo)
- Supergirl (Cameo)
- Superman (Cameo)
- Wonder Woman (Cameo)
- Doomsday (Hypertime version)
- Jonathan and Martha Kent of Earth-One
- Steel (Hypertime version) (Only appearance; dies)
- Supergirl (Hypertime version) (Only appearance; dies)
- Kid Kon-El
- Kon of Earth-395
- Superboy of "Hyper-Tension"
- Krypto of Earth-One
- Newsboy Legion
- Superboy One Million
- Challengers Superboy
- Anthony Rodriguez (Hypertime version)
- Jonathan Gabrielli (Hyper-Tension) (Hypertime version)
- Patrick MacGuire (Hyper-Tension) (Hypertime version)
- Thomas Thompkins (Hyper-Tension) (Hypertime version)
- Walter Johnson (Hyper-Tension) (Hypertime version)
- James Harper Clone (Hyper-Tension) (Hypertime version)
- New Earth
- Black Zero's homeworld
Synopsis for "Hyper-Tension (Part III of V) – Divided by Zero"
Kon-El still is on the Kent farm talking to the Superboy of this reality. He laments about the fried Hyperjacket i.e. he will ot be able to jump back to his reality. The other Superboy at least gives him a signal device if he ever needed his help.
When both Superboys leave the farm, they are confronted by Black Zero and his Stormguards. Back Zero wants them to come with him peacefully, but of course the Superboys deny that request. When Kon-El's friend attacks their opponent right on, he gets hit by an energy bullet and just disappears. Kon-El does not have more success because Black Zero's powers surpass his abilities by far. Zero ends the fight by hitting Kon-El with an energy bullet, making him disappear as well.
When Superboy awakes, he finds himself in what Black Zero calls Fortress Cadmus. Kon-El wants to know what happened to his friend and Black Zero shows him that he holds hundreds of Superboys from different realities captive. Then Black Zero talks about his origin. He was Superboy himself, but only in his reality he became an adult Superman. Using a virtual reality tool, Black Zero shows Kon-El how the people from his Earth never accepted him because he was a clone. Humans banded together to fight what they called "Genetix" and even Guardian died during this confrontation. So Superman became Black Zero, cloned an army of Superguardians and vowed to protect all Genetix. By cloning other superheroes, Black Zero eventually won the war. With an element called "Hyperium" and the help of Metron he was able to traverse through Hypertime and take his fight to other realities where clones were in danger as well.
In every reality he visited, Black Zero was opposed by a Superboy - that is why he captured all of them. But even worse, Black Zero has several Doomsdays at his disposal as well ...
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 62 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
- Images from Superboy Vol 4 62
- Superboy (Kon-El) Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project