"Big Trouble in Smallville!": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- A few hours here -- in this idyllic country setting? It's my greatest dream come true. No, wait -- that had something to do with a Super Babe convention and X-Ray vision...
- — Superboy
Appearing in "Big Trouble in Smallville!"
Synopsis for "Big Trouble in Smallville!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Part of the Zero Hour crossover event.
- The Superboy that appears in this issue as a result of Zero Hour was last seen in Valor #23, in which he was removed from the future before he could successfully help the Legion of Super-Heroes. He is an obvious analogue to the original Superboy of Earth-One.
- Upon seeing an SUV, the older version of Superboy wonders if it's a crazy invention of Professor Potter, a reference to a Silver Age character.
- When consoling the original Superboy that he doesn't end up with her Lana Lang says "but she'll have my initials!". This is a reference to the strangely large number of people in the Superman Supporting cast who have the initials LL, such as Lex Luthor and Lori Lemaris. In this case, she is referring to Lois Lane.
- Superboy is confused that no one else remembers his history, and references several events no longer in DC Continuity. Such as the time Lana Lang spent as Insect Queen, and the time he fought Chandu, the Gorilla with Super-Vision.
- The tagline to this issue "Big Trouble in Smallville!" is a reference to the 1986 John Carpenter film, Big Trouble in Little China.
- Superboy sarcastically compares his relationship with Krypto to being akin to a duo like Tonya and Nancy. This is a reference to Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan, two professional figure skaters.
- When Dubbilex asks if he's really Superboy, Superboy sarcastically tells him that he's actually the Sub-Mariner, a reference to a Marvel Comics character.
- It would be shown during the Black Zero saga that Superboy was from a hypertime reality.
- No trivia.
- Superboy (Kon-El) Recommended Reading
Links and References
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.