"The Man Who Manacled The Legion": Grimbor the Chainsman sets into motion a scheme to trap and chain the Legionnaires.
Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #240 is an issue of the series Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1) with a cover date of June, 1978.
Synopsis for "The Man Who Manacled The Legion"
Grimbor the Chainsman sets into motion a scheme to trap and chain the Legionnaires.
Appearing in "The Man Who Manacled The Legion"
- Ess Team
- Zall Morgan
- President Kandro Boltax
Synopsis for "Dawnstar Rising"
Dawnstar, and a group of fellow Legion trainees, try to capture two escaped alien animals.
Appearing in "Dawnstar Rising"
- Arcturian Ape
- Graanian Deathbeast
- R.J. Brande (Flashback only)
- Mistrider (Dawnstar's mother) (Flashback only)
- Moonwalker (Dawnstar's father) (Flashback only)
- Legion Headquarters
- Sleeping Quarters
- It is revealed that Grimbor's former lover, Charma, was sent to an all-women prison for her earlier crimes, and was murdered by her fellow inmates.
- Between issues #237-#240, the Legion had several "filler" stories with a revolving door of artists involved. For example, this issue's main story is a "filler" with several "uncredited" artists helping out. The "Dawnstar Rising" story is an "Untold Tale of the Legion" that was intended as a back-up for Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #237.