"Death of a City!": Supergirl rescues her professor Allan Forsyte from drowning at the beach and helps him get back his house. When the man recovers, Linda advises him to lie back and take it easy but he is committed to work on a cure for sickle-cell anemia and refuse
- Now... You three fight it out for the crown of King Glutton of the sea!
Appearing in "Death of a City!"
- Professor Allan Forsyte (Single appearance)
- Jeff (Single appearance)
- Two Giant Octopuses
- One Giant Manta
- Two Young Men (Unnamed)
- Terry Blake
- Sheila Wong (Cameo)
- House of El
- Nor-Kan (Appears only as a corpse)
- Satan Swallows
- North Pole
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
- Fortress of Solitude Key
- Microwave Tunnel (Reduced Supergirl & Professor Forsyte allowing them to enter the Bottle City of Kandar)
- Nor-Kan's Yellow Ring
Synopsis for "Death of a City!"
Supergirl rescues her professor Allan Forsyte from drowning at the beach and helps him get back his house. When the man recovers, Linda advises him to lie back and take it easy but he is committed to work on a cure for sickle-cell anemia and refuses to take a break.
Later Supergirl discovers Forsyte is suffering from a brain malady to which there is no known cure. Determined to save him, Supergirl takes him to the Fortress of Solitude to try to find a cure. A computer tells her she must ask Nor-Kan in the Bottle City of Kandor. Supergirl is baffled by that answer, but she takes Forsyte to Kandor, nonetheless.
At her parents' house, she confirms what she already knew: Nor-Kan is dead. Yet he was working on a cure-all medicine. When Nor passed, he was buried with all of his belongings in his tomb, dug into the Mirage Mountain. Supergirl grabs Forsyte and heads to the place in hopes of finding said cure. While she flies over the Desert of Burning Hands she has a brush with a species of giant, horned bird of prey called Satan Swallow. The giant bird captured and dropped Supergirl and the professor in a large nest. While in the nest, Supergirl finds Nor-Kan's Yellow Ring which would give her more power in the Kryptonian environment. She manages to escape the giant nest and make her way to the mountain.
Supergirl finds a vial of "cure-all" formula inside the tomb. Since Forsyte is now dying, she administers it to him. But a recorded message of Nor-Kan's reveals that the "cure-all" also induces giantism, and Forsyte begins to grow.
Supergirl leaves the bottle-city and returns to normal size. Forsyte, cured of his brain disease, is threatening to crush Kandor. Supergirl swiftly heats the glass walls of the bottle and blows it into a bigger shape, enabling her to extract Forsyte. Afterward, she restores the bottle to its original shape and takes Forsyte back home.
Appearing in Zatanna: "The Magic Piper!"
- Jeff Sloane
- Pied Piper of Hamelin
- Four Boys (Unnamed) (Single appearance)
- Two Hamelin Town Council Members (Unnamed) (Single appearance)
- Mayor of Hamelin (Unnamed) (Single appearance)
- Children of Hamelin (Single appearance)
- Exterminator (Single appearance)
- Pied Piper of Hamelin's Flute
Synopsis for Zatanna: "The Magic Piper!"
Trying to find a solution for the city's rat infestation, Zatanna warps back in time to enlist the help of the Pied Piper of Hamelin. Unfortunately, she can't take the man to the future with him as her magic cannot alter history. Fortunately, a rat exterminator arrives at the place and the man is the living reincarnation of the Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- In the "Death of a City" storyline, Supergirl is able to fly in the bottled city of Kandor because she possesses a Legion Flight Ring.
- No trivia.
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
- Zatanna Recommended Reading