"Girl Power, Part IV of V: J.L.A.": A dark, malicious version of Supergirl rises up from the stunned form of the real Supergirl. Lex Luthor is surprised. Darkseid told him that Kara's "true" nature would emerge when exposed to black Kryptonite and she would become his
Appearing in "Girl Power, Part IV of V: J.L.A."
- Black Kryptonite (Behind the scenes)
- Green Kryptonite (Behind the scenes)
- Green Lantern Ring
- Hawkman's mace
- Justice League Teleporter
- Lex Luthor's Warsuit
- Nth Metal Wings
Synopsis for "Girl Power, Part IV of V: J.L.A."
A dark, malicious version of Supergirl rises up from the stunned form of the real Supergirl. Lex Luthor is surprised. Darkseid told him that Kara's "true" nature would emerge when exposed to black Kryptonite and she would become his ally. He didn't think an evil dooppelgänger would be split up form Supergirl. He attempts to talk her into being his ally anyway, but "Dark Supergirl" couldn't care less. She goads him to hit her with his best -and only- shot.
They beging fighting but Dark Supergirl is too powerful. Luthor tries to run away, but she grabs and flies him off into outer space. Dark Supergirl dumps him onto Earth's moon and sends him smashing through the JLA Watchtower. Luthor's battlesuit has protected him but he is found and apprenhended by Green Lantern. John Stewart is about to put him away, but Dark Supergirl turns up and takes John down. As she's distracted, Luthor runs away. She gets to track him down.
Meanwhile, the real Supergirl comes to in the deserts of Monument Valley, Utah. Standing above her is Starfire, who is likewise recovering from injuries visited upon her by Lex Luthor. Starfire tells Supergirl to cauterize her wound with heat vision. Then Koriand'r says she believed to see Kara chasing after Luthor. Kara explains it was some kind of evil twin that came out of her, which reminds Kori of her sister Blackfire. Nevertheless, Kara knows where her doppelgänger went to. She takes off for the Moon.
Back at the Watchtower, Calculator hacks into the JLA's teleport tubes which enables Luthor to escape. Frustrated, Dark Supergirl fights up against several more members of the JLA, including Hawkman, the Flash, Black Canary and Martian Manhunter. She easily incapacitates each one of them. On the surface of the moon, outside the Watchtower, she snatches the Martian Manhunter by the throat, preparing to snap his neck. Before she can do so however, the real Supergirl arrives on the scene.
- This book was first published on December 8, 2005.
- This issue is reprinted in Supergirl: Power and Supergirl: The Girl of Steel trade paperbacks.
- Issue shipped with a retailer incentive variant cover illustrated by Ian Churchill. This cover pays homage to Action Comics #346.
- Brad Meltzer is also credited in this issue as "JLA expert".
- The tagline for this issue is "Judgment".
- Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman appear on the cover to this issue, but not within the main story.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 5 4
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
Links and References
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic-Book Chronology
- Power Girl at Wikipedia.org
- Power Girl at TV Tropes
- Power Girl at Supermanica