"Good-Looking Corpse, Part 3": At Harvard University, Alex is preparing for Supergirl's arrival, including telepathically making people leave the campus and bringing others in.
- It's only a risk if you don't know what you're up against, Lois. And luckily, just this once... I seem to be ahead of the curve!
Appearing in "Good-Looking Corpse, Part 3"
- Catherine Devereux
- Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) (In a photograph only)
- Static (In a photograph only)
Synopsis for "Good-Looking Corpse, Part 3"
At Harvard University, Alex is preparing for Supergirl's arrival, including telepathically making people leave the campus and bringing others in. Kara meets Lois at the hospital, where Catherine is unconscious from the shock of seeing her dead child. Lois wants to know what Kara's not telling her.
Flash back to Kara and Robin in Gotham, where Kara pulled a Kryptonian sunstone out of one of the drones.
Lois shares her files on Cadmus with Kara, who flies off to investigate.
In Alex's lab, one of the people he's brought in is revealed to be Miss Martian. She was apparently joining Kara, Robin and Blue Beetle in trying to take down Alex and his FlyOver app as Kara finds the Cadmus lab with a dead Kryptonian inside.
Supergirl, Blue Beetle and Robin investigate the emptied Harvard and apparently free Miss Martian. Though she's still under Alex's control, and attacks Kara telepathically. Supergirl defeats her, but then Alex shows up and blasts Supergirl with some kind of energy attack, knocking her out.
Cadmus' drones capture Robin and Blue Beetle. Blue Beeetle's armor sets off some kind of sonic blast that incapacitates Alex's robots, just as Supergirl planned. However, Alex's father -who has been talking to Alex since the beginning-, teleports the heroes away, leaving the unconscious Supergirl alone.
- This issue was solicited with an unpublished variant cover by Amy Reeder Hadley.
- Supergirl and Lois Lane meet on the roof of St. Idelson hospital. Matt Idelson is the editor on this Supergirl era.
- This issue and the preceding one were originally solicited as being written by Nick Spencer. That did not occur, though he did write Supergirl (Volume 5) #60. He explains in this tumblr post that his plan was to have Supergirl learn how to be a leader by forming a team of "cream of the crop" next-gen super-heroes, and they were to fight the Luthor/Brainiac hybrid clone who was seeded in Geoff Johns' Adventure Comics. The team would have included Supergirl, Robin, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Static, Miss Martian, and Impulse. In the story, the team would have been captured - excepting Kara - who would then have to create another team to rescue them. Spencer hoped the story would serve as a backdoor pilot for a new Young Justice series.
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 62 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 5 62
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)