"Last Daughter of Krypton": Near Smallville, Kansas a group of meteors crashes through the earth, monitored closely by TychoTech's organization. The lead meteor travels through the earth's crust and mantle, and winds up in Siberia, Russia.
- I know it's a dream because there hasn't been a blizzard on Krypton since I was barely old enough to walk. And if this wasn't a dream, I'd be freezing to death. But all I feel is a cool... breeze?!
Synopsis for "Last Daughter of Krypton"
Near Smallville, Kansas a group of meteors crashes through the earth, monitored closely by TychoTech's organization. The lead meteor travels through the earth's crust and mantle, and winds up in Siberia, Russia.
From the crater crawls Kara Zor-El, who believes that she must be dreaming. Confused by the fact that she's wearing a uniform that she is not meant to be wearing yet, and the appearance of a blizzard on what she believes is Krypton, Kara can't imagine that it couldn't be a dream.
Suddenly, she is surrounded by a number of men in metal suits, speaking a language she cannot understand. Suddenly, they restrain her with powerful ropes that hurt her. Feeling confused and set upon, Kara realizes that this isn't a dream after all - and when she notices that the sun is yellow, she realizes that this is not Krypton.
Kara accidentally unleashes her heat-vision on her captors, and attempts to escape. Others come after her, and she is overwhelmed by the discovery of her own impressive strength. Deciding to simply run away, she is again overcome by the sudden onset of her super-hearing, faced with a barrage of sounds from across the globe. As the soldiers close in on her, she becomes enraged, and tears one of their suits away until she grips a mere man in her fist. She demands to know where she is and who he is, but he can't understand her Kryptonian.
They can neither understand her, nor she them, and they find themselves at an impasse. Unexpectedly, a blur of red and blue passes behind Kara, and she turns to see Superman flying overhead. In Kryptonian, he commands her to stop.
Appearing in "Last Daughter of Krypton"
- Supergirl (First appearance)
- Simon Tycho (First appearance)
- Pandora makes a brief cameo appearance to witness the events of this story, as she does all #1 issues published as part of The New 52. She can be seen behind the mecha when Supergirl is uncontrollably experiencing her super hearing.
- When Kara is incapacitated by her super hearing, she overhears several quotes from other titles in the New 52, including Starling from Birds of Prey #1, Saiko from Nightwing #1, and Aquaman from Aquaman #1.
Main article: Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)