- Caring about the vulnerable isn't a weakness! IT IS MY BIGGEST STRENGTH!
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Collateral Damages"
- Supergirl (Flashback and main story)
- Harry Hokum
- The Circle
- Rogol Zaar (Mentioned only)
- Omega Men
- Starfire (Mentioned only)
- Appa Ali Apsa (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- Zor-El (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Collateral Damages"
Z'ndr Kol and Krypto have been brought to Lord Gandelo's presence. Gandelo is disappointed because her adoptive son is helping Supergirl rather than spying on the Girl of Steel how he was ordered to, and she demands an explanation.
On the Citadel, Supergirl and the Omega Men are fighting Harry Hokum's army. Supergirl again tries to bait Splyce into firing at her a solar blast, which would recharge her powers, but Splyce sees through her taunts and attacks Kara physically.
Supergirl tries both to fight off and reason with Splyce until a little girl is shot in front of Kara by a soldier, and Splyce gloats that Supergirl's compassion is a weakness. Enraged, Supergirl rips off the Splyce's tentacles holding her in place and decides to avenge the murdered little girl.
Back on Gandelo's ship, Z'ndr argues Kara is only looking for answers like he does. When Gandelo replies she's only another manipulative Kryptonian, Z'ndr replies Gandelo can't judge her by or blame her for what others have done. Gandelo goes on about Kryptonians being too dangerous and needing to be exterminated for the universe's sake. Their argument gets heated up until Krypto wakes up, blasts Gandelo away from Z'ndr, and both run away.
Meanwhile, on Hokum's ship, two engineers are examining Rogol Zaar's axe when all of sudden it flies off, summoned by Supergirl's will. As lifting the axe, Supergirl realizes that it's an empathetic weapon that feels and feeds on her rage. Supergirl feels tempted to kill Splyce but she doesn't go through with the execution.
Right then, Primus arrives and says it's time to leave. Supergirl and the freed slaves get on the Omega Men's ship, and it takes off. As Supergirl is pondering about the conflict she has gotten herself involved in, and the mission she isn't closer to fulfill, Harry Hokum is preparing to strike again.
On Omega Men's hideout, the team is examining their three undead friends, feeling something amiss and arguing the prison planet was some sort of setup. Supergirl notices a strange scar on the necks of the rescued Omega Men and leaves.
Kara is reminiscing in loneliness about a memory of her father designing the machine used by Rogol Zaar to kill Krypton. Suddenly she remembers the strange scars she noticed are from Kryptonian cloning tech and rushes back to the infirmary. At the same time that the cloned trio are attacking the Omega Men, Hokum has unleashed one dozen of Supergirl clones upon the base.
- This book was first published on February 13, 2019.
- No special notes.
- This isn't the first time that Supergirl has to deal with a weapon that feeds on anger.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 7 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 7 27
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
Links and References
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic-Book Chronology
- Power Girl at Wikipedia.org
- Power Girl at TV Tropes
- Power Girl at Supermanica