Both Aqualad and Speedy are testing a new copter when coming across a boy attacked by some big bird. As they rescue the child, they quickly realize there are several similar birds. The young Jerry explains his dad and him came to
- You may have not needed me if you took better care of your toys.
Appearing in "Teen Titans: Operation: Rescue"
- Jerry Carter
- Mr Carter
- Big birds
- Mutant Men
- Mutant Men's village
- Teen Titans' HQ
- Speedy's Helicopter (Cameo)
- Titans Helicopter
Synopsis for "Teen Titans: Operation: Rescue"
Both Aqualad and Speedy are testing a new copter when coming across a boy attacked by some big bird. As they rescue the child, they quickly realize there are several similar birds. The young Jerry explains his dad and him came to the mountains to discover some lost civilization before being attacked. Deciding to help Jerry, they come across the village of the Mutant Men; they get immediatly attacked with exploding spears. In trouble, Aqualad calls for backup. Kid Flash and Wonder Girl leave the Teen Titans' HQ soon after, but cannot prevent the capture of their friends. As Kid Flash and Wonder Girl arrive near the village, they decide that Kid Flash will retrieve Speedy's equipment and help their friends escape while Wonder Girl distracts the inhabitants. After their success, it is decided to keep the hidden valley a secret and everyone parts ways.
- These Teen Titans were featured in two other episodes.
- This episode is the last "guest-star" short animation of the Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure TV show.
- The big birds attacking the boy have a very similar design and colour to one of the three beasts lost by the Interplanetary Hunters, featured in the previous Teen Titans episode. Whether there's any link between the two animals or between this oddly similar beast and the Interplanetary Hunters is unknown, but neither Aqualad nor Speedy seem to make a connection with their previous adventure (only referring to them as "big birds") ; even if just by pointing out the ressemblance. However, due to the number of times the Teen Titans episodes reuse the same short scenes, it is probable that the design of the beast was simply retaken and slightly modified.
- The episode both refers to the copter as the "Titan-copter" and the "Teen-copter".
- The boy introduces himself as "Jerry" but Aqualad exclusively calls him "Terry". Whether it's a script/voice acting mistake or not is unknown.
- In the third season of the Teen Titans Go! TV series, the double episode "Operation Dude Rescue" might have been titled in reference to this episode, as Teen Titans Go! is a "heavy in references" show in nature.
- Images from Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (TV Series) Episode: Teen Titans: Operation: Rescue
- Episodes of Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (TV Series)
- Images from Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (TV Series) series
Links and References