""K (Part IV of VI) - WSDs"": The story begins at Pete's Diner in Kansas. Batman and Superman have traced the serial number on a drill found on a huge asteroid of Kryptonite. This drill was used to mine the asteroid. Pete objects to the heroes being there and pulls a pulse weapon on them. Superm
- There's no reward in being right all the time.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "K (Part IV of VI) - WSDs"
- Amanda Waller
- Doomsday (Flashback only)
- Last Line (First appearance)
- Fred (Single appearance)
- Pete (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "K (Part IV of VI) - WSDs"
The story begins at Pete's Diner in Kansas. Batman and Superman have traced the serial number on a drill found on a huge asteroid of Kryptonite. This drill was used to mine the asteroid. Pete objects to the heroes being there and pulls a pulse weapon on them. Superman disarms him and discovers that the diner is a cover for something else.
Superman dons the K-Suit and they investigate the huge underground facility. They are attacked by kryptonite bullets which Superman easily deflects and they break into the facility. They discover that the place is powered by Kryptonite and under the jurisdiction of the United States government. Superman is shocked.
They are attacked by a group of agents calling themselves "The Last Line"; Government agents trained to take down Superman. A huge altercation ensues during which Superman's K-Suit is destroyed and Batman is knocked unconscious by Hotshot and taken to Amanda Waller, the mastermind behind the operation. She wants to capture Superman and study him in the hopes of learning how to stop him if he turns rogue. Superman continues to be pummeled by the remaining members of The Last Line and finds out that he was inadvertently responsible for the death of Brannon's wife when she became collateral damage during his battle with Doomsday when he died.
Superman stops the Last Line by electrocuting them with a live wire as they stood in a pool of water. The story ends with Waller revealing her "final round in the chamber": The All-American Boy- a Kryptonite fused version of Doomsday.
- No special notes.
- A sign at Pete's Last Chance Food & Gas reads "Home of the World's Finest Cuppa Coffee!" The words "World's Finest" are styled in the logo of the old World's Finest Comics title, which in itself, was a Superman/Batman team-up book.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman/Batman Vol 1 47 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman/Batman series
- Images from Superman/Batman Vol 1 47