"Hunter/Prey": Superman is ready to travel to Calaton to take down Doomsday, but before doing so, Mother Box equips him with various armaments in order to match his opponent's current level of evolution. As Superman and Waverider travel to the planet, though, the Calatonian royalty have already
Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey #3 is an issue of the series Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey (Volume 1) with a cover date of June, 1994.
Synopsis for "Hunter/Prey"
Superman is ready to travel to Calaton to take down Doomsday, but before doing so, Mother Box equips him with various armaments in order to match his opponent's current level of evolution. As Superman and Waverider travel to the planet, though, the Calatonian royalty have already attempted to stop Doomsday by creating the Radiant, using the same tactic as he did before but failing this time as Doomsday could not be beaten the same way twice. Superman sees that Doomsday is now going after the Calaton power center and this time uses his weapons to fight Doomsday, but the monster proves more difficult to fight now than previously, even employing his own tricks such as extendable knuckle protrusions that pierce Superman's shoulder. Waverider merges with Doomsday and discovers that the creature sees himself fighting Bertron, his creator. He also reveals to Superman that Doomsday had been created on Krypton before it was populated by humanoid beings. However, Doomsday isn't stopped by Waverider's merging with him, as he nullifies Waverider's ability to remain physically stable in humanoid form. Taking Waverider's temporal transporter, Superman has Mother Box take Doomsday to the end of time where entropy devours the monster, forever ending his threat. Waverider, regaining his physical stability, brings Superman back home to the present time in Metropolis, where the Mother Box uses up the last of her energy to restore Superman to his physical peak and original appearance. He then goes to his apartment and joins in an embrace with his fiancee Lois Lane.
Appearing in "Hunter/Prey"
- Superman (Flashback and main story)
- End of Time
- Lexcorp Tower (Cameo)
- Smallville (Flashback only)
- Kent Farm (Flashback only)
- This issue is reprinted in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, Superman/Doomsday Omnibus and Superman: Doomsday.
- Squarebound, prestige format.
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)