"Maelstrom Part 5": Superman and Supergirl are floating near from the Sol as sunlight heals their wounds and sickness. They're getting back to their ship, and Kara is in the middle of apologizing for being difficult during their t
- So, are you all rejects of an intergalactic circus?
Synopsis for "Maelstrom Part 5"
Superman and Supergirl are floating near from the Sol as sunlight heals their wounds and sickness. They're getting back to their ship, and Kara is in the middle of apologizing for being difficult during their trip, when they someone on Earth calling for Superman.
On Metropolis, Maelstrom and the Female Furies are frustrated because their rampage hasn't drawn Superman out, not even after capturing Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. Mad Harriet suggests to eat their hostages but Stompa doesn't want to get herself infected by eating "lowly humans", and catapults them into the sky.
Before Lois and Jimmy fall down, Superman and Supergirl show up and catch them.
Down on the streets, the Furies are resuming their rampage when Maelstrom is thrown back by twin blasts of heat vision. The Kryptonian pair has turned up and Maelstrom is eager to fight Superman, albeit annoyed because the Furies will not let her fight Superman alone. Both sides engage each other, but the Kryptonians are concerned about collateral damage and casualties.
As Superman fights Maelstrom back, Supergirl crushes Stompa between the two halves of a car, and then grabs Lashina, Mad Harriet, and Bernadeth and slams the trio into the nearest mountain. Then she flies back to Metropolis, gets Maelstrom off Superman and flies her out of the atmosphere. Supergirl demands to know why Maelstrom wants to kill her cousin and Maeltroms groans she wants to offer Superman's head to her eternal love Darkseid right before running out of air. Supergirl remarks her enemy thankfully passed out -ergo, stopped talking- just in time.
Later Supergirl has put Maelstrom and the four Furies to sleep and got them in a ship headed to the planet she and Kal just left. Superman states they'll escape via a Boom Tube. Supergirl thinks maybe they'll learn something out there like she did. Superman praises her cousin's performance and leaves to rescue a sinking ship, encouraging her to go out and have some hard-earned fun.
Three hours later, Superman finds his cousin hasn't left her spot above the atmosphere. She's been listening for emergences and can't bring herself to enjoy her free time when people is in danger. Superman states they can't solve all their problems for them. Some things, humans must achieve for themselves. Regardless, Supergirl decides to go down and do some heroing, and Superman joins her.
Appearing in "Maelstrom Part 5"
- Alura In-Ze (Mentioned only)
- Jonathan Kent (Mentioned only)
- Jor-El (Mentioned only)
- Lara Lor-Van (Mentioned only)
- Martha Kent (Mentioned only)
- Zor-El (Mentioned only)
- Cover gallery for the Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom series
- Images from Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom Vol 1 5
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)